Hi everyone : )

Options
s0njas0n
s0njas0n Posts: 18 Member
I'm new here and was glad to see there was a clean eating group. I recently have switched to as much organic as possible, whole grains (mostly gluten free), and fresh fruits and veggies. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you and learning new things : )

Right now I'm making organic beef stew for the first time and hoping it turns out well.

Replies

• gottobethin2014
    Options
    Hi

I am new to this woe as well

I currently have a loaf of bread cooking - only 5 ingredients and it smells amazing :)
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Welcome to both of you!

And I currently have nothing cooking... but I just finished a wonderful lunch of leftover Spaghetti. :smile:
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'm low on groceries. I may have to get creative or break down and go to the store. I just had tuna with mayo and onion and celery and some frozen stir fry veggies. It was great!
  • s0njas0n
    Options
    I'm also low on groceries but am going to use what I have since I'm out of money until Thursday. lol. currently sprouting black beans to eat later in the week.
  • marisarinde
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to this as well and could really use a support system, please add me! :)
  • Addylouise
    Addylouise Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new and I have been trying to do clean eating and making everything from scratch no boxed or packaged foods. I have gotten to wear I don't even go out to eat anymore because I want to know whats in my food and this has frustrated my husband but slowly but surely he's jumping on the band wagon with me. I am unemployed now for about 2yrs due to chronic pain, so I do have the time to cook our meals. We have recently purchased goats and when they start milking I will be making my own butter and cheeses, soaps, lotions and whatever else I can make myself. I am rely excited about this group and looking forward to learning whatever I can about clean eating.
  • VeggieGal777
    VeggieGal777 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!
  • schortey
    schortey Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I am not a cooker and want to try clean eating. Any suggestions? I can cook the basics but I only cook so I won't starve. Do not enjoy it!!
  • s0njas0n
    Options
    I didn't like to cook for a long time. I'm getting into it now, but the easiest way for me to do this is by making large meals during free time and pre-portioning it into multiple mason jars (my addiction). This makes it easy for me to just grab meals to go for the rest of the week : )

on the other hand you can you can eat plenty of fresh veggies. There are prepackaged things in the stores, but I try to avoid them personally because I need to watch my sodium intake. Frozen veggies to steam is also a good idea.
  • lynnfranklin07
    Options
    I am new to this group also :) I am like most of the bloggers on here and eat clean about 80% of the time. Trying to get to around 90% if not higher by the end of the month :) I am ready for some others who understand and like to eat clean.
  • nibbler1
    nibbler1 Posts: 6
    Options
    hello to you all!! I have just started this 'clean eating' malarky and i'm trying my best, but 4 days on the trot i have over eaten my cals (1600). Do any of you have any ideas for me to be better behaved? I thought i was doing the right thing by eating rice paper wraps (as i'm gluten free) i made spring rolls earlier but they alone were 190 cal EACH!!!

Please help this greedy girl! lol
  • diplopanda
    diplopanda Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here and I just wanted to ask if any of you would have any sites or recipes that you would recommend that can help me shed off the pounds but still taste great. Thank you!
  • susilawm
    susilawm Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here too and also am trying to eat as much organic, clean food as I can.

My husband is a vegan but I will eat local, organically grown meat every once in a while. My eating is 75% vegetarian or vegan.

So glad to find this site and this group!

I've been adding my foods and exercises every day now for over a week but only weigh when I go to the Drs. office.

Cheers to all of you, am looking forward to the sharing and support! :flowerforyou:
  • amflournoy
    amflournoy Posts: 6
    Options
    I've been following this blogger for whole food recipes. She has some great ideas. Good luck everyone!

http://instagram.com/eating_whole
    http://www.laurenbrimley.blogspot.com/
  • suezealand
    suezealand Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello there,

I started clean eating today to try and re-start my weight loss. I've lost 56lbs so far with another 42 to go :-( Any tips or advice will be much appreciated

Looking forward to getting to know you all better

Sue