SIGH..where did the energy go?

Options
2»

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    My mental health must be in shambles. I'm over the limit by about five times that!

LOL
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    No one can maintain 25g carbs a day for more than 6 weeks without destroying mental health.

Ahhhhh...that's so sweet. I know you really believe you're offering good advice about my mental well being.

However I fail to see how being able to eliminate anxiety meds, kick depression to the curb, regulate mood swings and irritability, function in a focused, high energy state on a daily basis, conquer insomnia, ROCK my latest performance evaluation at work because I'm not walking around in a carb induced fog all the time, and knock out my daily to do lists with ease because of my increased levels of concentration are destroying my mental health.

Unless...I'm suffering from delusions of keto-induced grandeur...yeah, that must be it. Better lock me up for awhile. ;-)
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    as and advanced CPT my professional tip is free to you . You obviously expect me to give you references... I gave you a tip. Help yourself or keep destroying your seratonin levels. Not my problem.

For all of you who want to use Keto as a fad diet but don't want to pay a certified medical or certified fitness nutrition professional for legit medical help, go right on ahead asking for free advice here on mfp. Free means it's only worth that much.

There's so many scam artists touting misinformation and you all keep believing their lies..... *shakes head*
  • youdontknowme9
    youdontknowme9 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Must not feed the troll.....must not feed the troll.
  • rlengland2014
    rlengland2014 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Busywaterb, why do you come to the forums if you don't want to participate in the discussion? I am really curious because I have done a lot of research and haven't heard that before. I don't think it's odd to ask where you learned that and expect at least a cursory answer. Thanks for the info.
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Must not feed the troll.....must not feed the troll.

^^This

Very hard sometimes, though. I've become pretty protective of our supportive, extremely knowledgeable, and experienced group here. I resent misinformed interlopers who somehow think their tips trump the firsthand experience of the folks who've finally found what works for them.
  • Skoster1
    Skoster1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    as and advanced CPT my professional tip is free to you . You obviously expect me to give you references... I gave you a tip. Help yourself or keep destroying your seratonin levels. Not my problem.

For all of you who want to use Keto as a fad diet but don't want to pay a certified medical or certified fitness nutrition professional for legit medical help, go right on ahead asking for free advice here on mfp. Free means it's only worth that much.

There's so many scam artists touting misinformation and you all keep believing their lies..... *shakes head*

No offense, but I'm not impressed by credentials, for CPT or otherwise. I have a master's degree in my field (an allied health field), along with years of internships, a passing score on a Praxis examination, and a year of mentored and supervised practice before I obtained my state and national licensure (not to mention years of clinical practice after all that), and I absolutely welcome the people who seek my services to request citations. In fact I generally precede about 50% of my advice with a discussion of the specific studies which support the strategy I am recommending and the other 50% I can supply citations on if requested.

By 'scam artists' I can only imagine you mean researchers, and by 'lies' I can only imagine you mean evidence from peer reviewed studies.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    lol... but they claim to be an advanced CPT. We all know that, once you claim advanced status, you no longer need to provide sources or research to back up your assertions.

My question is advanced how? In what areas and to what degrees? And how does that make your assertions about the long-term effects of extremely low carbs more valuable than anyone else's? How does your understanding of this topic incorporate the experience of many (most? all?) of the people on here who have been extremely low carb for months/years and haven't had the issue you warn about?