Introductions

Options
beejelblor
beejelblor Posts: 123 Member
Hi all!!! I am a 29 female living in norther Cali (SF Bay). Through MFP a coupe years ago I lost about 25 pounds then did 2 rounds of 30 day shred to tone up and was in the best shape I had been since I was an athlete in High School. This video was magic for me, the impact on how I looked and more importantly how I felt was HUGE!!!! Then I went on a long vacation and got out of my routine and started gaining weight again. So.. I am here to start again with a plan to start May 1st with a healthy diet and 30 Day Shred maybe 4 times a week. I would be so thrilled if a group of us actively participated in this group and cheered each other on and kept each other accountable, that is how I was so successful and committed last time around.. there are days when you just don't want to work out but then you remember the rest of the group will move on without which rallies me :)

I would love to get to know you all and hear your story, what are your goals and backgrounds?

Replies

• pennyks88
    pennyks88 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm 25, female, living in northern Virginia. I've been on MFP for a few years but I've just now really gotten to the point where I'm actually counting calories and working out properly. I want to lose 15-20 pounds and I'll be happy! I started the 30 day shred on Monday, so I'm on day 3 today, but I thought I'd join this group for more support. After only a few days, I am SORE! I'm looking forward to seeing some results though! :smile:
  • pinkvici
    pinkvici Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hope it's ok for me to join too?! I started 30DS on Monday.

I'm 32, female, living in UK. I'm 5'4", currently 137lbs, aiming for around 125 (I think!). I work FtT and have a 19 month old old and weigh less now than pre-pregnancy but my mummy tummy needs fixing!

I did 30DS before my beach wedding in 2011 and although I was about 140lbs, I was in great shape.

I'm not great at sticking to things (life gets in the way!), so this group should keep me focused!
  • laurabell86
    laurabell86 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm Laura, 28 from Toronto ON. I love Jillian but I never seem to make it past level 2, so I'm hoping this will keep me motivated! Feel free to add me! I need friend on here! :)
  • blondy1216
    blondy1216 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in! 32 from Boston. I have started her program many times and I love it - but always try to do it daily and the second I missed 2 days in a row I quit. I like the idea of trying to do it 4x a week (and anything else is a bonus) for May! I'm 5'4" 185 to start and I"m hoping for a great May!
  • giftwrappedcat
    giftwrappedcat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 39 from the UK.. I've been using MFP properly for a week now and I bought the 30DS last week to start and haven't yet so I'll start tomorrow and hopefully having a group all doing the same will motivate me!
    Look forward to hearing how everyone has done. :smile:
  • inthedistrict
    inthedistrict Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, 58 yr from Ottawa. I started the shred 2 weeks ago. I'm on level 2 and it is brutal. Leaving on holiday in 2 days and hope not to gain too much, so it will help me a lot to check in every 2 or 3 days and jump back into it when I get back May 11. Tummy needs major toning!! Great timing for this group.
  • asherka
    asherka Posts: 65
    Options
    Hi I'm Ashley. I'm 31 yrs old and never tried this workout before. I've slowly gained weight over the span of a year and a half and I've had enough. I'll have to do all the measurements tonight but Im 5'6" 1/2" and I weigh about 130 lbs.

I've seen a lot of different schedules on how to complete this workout (some have a rest day, some add other workouts of Jillian's...).

How are you all working out the schedule?
  • hirstrl
    hirstrl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hello, Im Richell. I started MFP last year and lost but then i gave up after a few months. Im back and for good! I started 30DS yesterday. I try to fit in atleast 5 morning workouts on the treadmill per week and that has been working. I am now adding this to my evenings for toning and additional cardio. i measured myself last night and then did level 1. I am extremely SORE today!! LOL but am still pushing thru for round 2 tonight!. Im going to try to do every night possible for the month of May. Heres to us! :happy:
  • bostonlinda
    bostonlinda Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I purchased 30DS last week and am planning to incorporate it into my weekly workout program. I am signed up to attend Jillian Michaels class at the Summer Shape Up at Hermosa Beach the last weekend in June and even after losing 72 lbs and working out three times a week with a personal trainer, I'm not sure I'm ready! I started working out in March 2012 and keeping track of food intake and weight loss in June of 2012.
  • cmgutierrez82
    Options
    HI, Everyone! My name is Corina and live in Houston, TX. I did the 30 day shred back in 2012 before my wedding and i was at my best. I had a baby in January and feel that instead of losing weight, I'm gaining. I'm 5'4 and about 165 lbs. My goal is to lose at least 30 lbs. I'm going to try to do the 30DS and about 30 minutes of jogging/running everyday. I'm so tired of wearing my maternity pants and need to fit back into my pre-pregnancy clothes ASAP. Look forward to our end results. Cheers!
  • asherka
    Options
    Hi,
    I was just wondering how you track this exercise (level 1, level 2, level 3) on MFP? I'm unsure of how to log it.
  • Imperfect_Angel
    Imperfect_Angel Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Tino from the UK. So...I've attempted this workout about 5 times without luck. The last time being last month. I was actually in the April group but fell off the wagon. This time I plan on going the full route and to totally commit.

As for my weight, well, I've always been skinny but not necessarily healthy. I gained the weight gradually and now I'm about 196lbs as per last weigh in. Goal weight is lower 140's. Hoping to lose about 10lbs doing the shred as I'd be incorporating my regular cardio + weight lifting as well. Good luck everyone and feel free to add me :)
  • beejelblor
    beejelblor Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I was just wondering how you track this exercise (level 1, level 2, level 3) on MFP? I'm unsure of how to log it.

When I did this last year I found a formula through I think the Jillian Michaels website to calculate calories burned but I can not find it anymore. When I followed the formula I got 217 calories burned per workout and my stats to come to that were: 28 year old female, 5'5", 135 pounds. A lot of people in my group last year also marked it down as 27 minutes of circuit training, and many used heart rate monitors and when comparing back we were all around the same calories burned. This answer is a total guess but it might be somewhere to begin.
  • jezzmarie14
    jezzmarie14 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is jerin, im 25 mother of 3 also gave birth in january:). Ive tried the shred yrs ago but never in a routine so here it goes.. ill probably alt between my mini tramp (love love) kickboxing and other workouts from my youtube playlist..I really love Jillian yoga meltdown havent decided planning my month schedule now lol. Lets do thiss
  • jezzmarie14
    Options
    Day 1 - Shred Level 1
    Day 2 - Shred Level 1
    Day 3 - NMTZ
    Day 4 - Shred Level 1
    Day 5 - BF, BM
    Day 6 - QTZ
    Day 7 - Rest

Day 8 - Shred Level 1
    Day 9 - Shred Level 2
    Day 10 - QTZ
    Day 11 - Shred Level 2
    Day 12 - BF, BM
    Day 13 - NMTZ
    Day 14 - Rest

Day 15 - Shred Level 1 & QTZ
    Day 16 - Shred Level 2
    Day 17 - NMTZ
    Day 18 - Shred Level 1 & 2 (in that order)
    Day 19 - NMTZ
    Day 20 - BF, BM
    Day 21 - Rest

Day 22 - Shred Level 2 & Level 1 (in that order)
    Day 23 - QTZ
    Day 24 - BF, BM
    Day 25 - QTZ, Shred Level 1
    Day 26 - Rest
    Day 27 - NMTZ, Shred Level 1
    Day 28 - BF, BM & QTZ

Day 29 - Shred Level 2 & Level 1 (in that order)
    Day 30 - NMTZ

MAY DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS HMM ILL FIGURE IT OUT BUT DEFINITELY LEVEL ONE TOMORROW
  • asherka
    Options
    That helps a bunch, thanks! I was going to do the routine that jezzmarie posted but I just did level 1 and I'm so out of shape haha. I had jello legs going downstairs. I'll stick to doing level 1 for 10 days I think.
  • Lee716
    Lee716 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm Leonie and I'm 24 years old and live in Florida. I have one child and would love to tone and tighten my body. I've attempted 30ds once in the past but quit after 18 days. I would love to successfully complete 30ds this time.

Good luck to everyone and stick with it!
  • jezzmarie14
    Options
    Found an estimated calc..type in weight and duration
    http://www.fitclick.com/calories_burned?srch=30+day+shred
  • hirstrl
    hirstrl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    day 2 last night. was very sore from the night before and didnt know if i could do, but was able to complete level 1 and feeling much better today!
  • jezzmarie14
    Options
    Idk if youve seen it but ive put a link below