Squat Challenge

Options
bostonwolf
bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
I am going to give this a try. The goal is to squat for 30 minutes a day for 30 days to improve your comfort level and depth.

http://www.crossfitinvictus.com/blog/the-30-minute-squat-challenge/

Replies

• ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I get it now... I thought it was doing squats for 30 minutes, but it's being in the position for 30 minutes. Cool!
  • jordymils
    jordymils Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    As in, to hold the bottom squat position for 30 mins?! Yowzer...
  • SarahxApple
    SarahxApple Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Ow even thinking about that makes my legs ache.

That will be impressive, I don't have a great squat form so I am proud if I hold it for 30secs lol.
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    sweet! As soon as my legs recover from this weekend, I am totally doing this!
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    As in, to hold the bottom squat position for 30 mins?! Yowzer...

Yes, but you want to accumulate that time. If you can do it all at once more power to you.

K-Star's ultimate test is that you should be able to hold it for 15 minutes with occasional shifts to allow blood flow.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    Ow even thinking about that makes my legs ache.

That will be impressive, I don't have a great squat form so I am proud if I hold it for 30secs lol.

I can get to parallel but beyond that is tough for me.

I'm up to about 10 minutes a day now. If you are watching TV and the commercials come on just start doing it until it stops. I usually go down for 20-30 seconds, come up and shake it out for a few seconds then go back down. My wife thinks I'm crazy.
  • bully_lady
    bully_lady Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Ouch! Worth a try though!
  • jordymils
    jordymils Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I read the challenge page and it suggested working up to it instead of diving right in the deep end. I was glad to read that!! The thought of going straight to 30 mins scares me, but I will definitely be starting this!!