Initial Weight Gain?

pk79
pk79 Posts: 8 Member
Did anyone have initial weight gain when first starting primal? I'm really increasing my fats, and granted, have had Gatorade after working out the last two days which jacks up my carbs, but have gained 2 lbs in a week. Is this water weight? Body holding onto it? I initially dropped about 40 lbs on primal eating a couple of years ago and have slowly gained 20 of it back over the course of 3 years. Now I keep wavering between this and weight watchers...

Replies

• meghanner
    meghanner Posts: 180 Member
    If you're switching from higher carb to low carb you will loose weight (mostly water). If you have increased fats while maintaining carbs...well...I think you just answered your own question :) You will gain weight. If you want to increase fats to lose weight, you will need to let go of the gatorade and high sugar carb sources.
  • pk79
    Oh, so you're telling me I pretty much already know what's making me retain/ gain weight? :wink:
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Yup, I'd say the same. Dump the Gatorade. And excess sugar in general.

My weight loss is completely reliant upon my carb intake unfortunately. A high fat, moderate protein and low carb eating plan is the only thing that resolves all of my health issues. It might be different for you.
  • pk79
    Thanks for the advice. 71lbs lost? Congratulations! I guess that my body is more carb sensitive than I originally thought and now I've added in fat.

How do you get your fats?
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Thanks for the advice. 71lbs lost? Congratulations! I guess that my body is more carb sensitive than I originally thought and now I've added in fat.

You can creep my diary anytime. It's open and I log most of the time. I have bulletproof coffee everyday, add fat to all veggies, and eat lots of animal fats, and avocado... My staple added fats: coconut oil, ghee/butter, animal fat, avocado oil, and olive oil only occasionally and not heated.

I actually gained weight in the last few months (up and down) and was at 77 pounds lost before Christmas! Boo me.... I have been fighting the damn sugar demon for 4 months but I'm back on track now.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member

You can creep my diary anytime. It's open and I log most of the time. I have bulletproof coffee everyday, add fat to all veggies, and eat lots of animal fats, and avocado... My staple added fats: coconut oil, ghee/butter, animal fat, avocado oil, and olive oil only occasionally and not heated.

I actually gained weight in the last few months (up and down) and was at 77 pounds lost before Christmas! Boo me.... I have been fighting the damn sugar demon for 4 months but I'm back on track now.

Grilled asparagus + lard + butter + a little salt and pepper = heaven on a plate.

Just putting that out there.