First week.....

Options
melodymedlin
melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
So today marks day 4 of induction. I'm trying so hard....... but I actually do feel better than I've felt in awhile. How soon did other's notice weight loss? At end of week one is it okay to expect it? My metabolism is really, really, really slow. I don't know about keto as I don't have strips. Advice; help.... Also did measure from last Thursday to this Thursday and found that I'd lost 4" off body. :) Thanks for all advice and help!!!!

Replies

• DevWall44
    DevWall44 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Today is day 4 for me too but I'm not exactly doing induction. I am eating avocados and nuts which I don't think you can technically have on induction but I am staying below 25 carbs and below my calories (1680). I also started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred on Monday but I am not going to weigh myself either until next Friday. Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Definitely expect a loss in the first week!!!
  • VaporHero
    VaporHero Posts: 33
    Options
    Im 5 days into induction.. So were basically at the same level. Ill take weight on Sunday and let you know :)
  • melodymedlin
    Options
    k thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    You'll notice a loss in the first week, but realize that it's mostly water weight. You're depleting your glycogen stores, so once those are gone, your weight loss will most likely slow down. This is only because glycogen represents 500 cals, roughly, and fat represents 3500 cals. One is slower but vastly more significant.

On the other hand, if you don't lose much in the first week, it could just be because you didn't have a lot of water weight to lose in the first place! So if you don't see much, don't get discouraged.
  • melodymedlin
    Options
    You'll notice a loss in the first week, but realize that it's mostly water weight. You're depleting your glycogen stores, so once those are gone, your weight loss will most likely slow down. This is only because glycogen represents 500 cals, roughly, and fat represents 3500 cals. One is slower but vastly more significant.

On the other hand, if you don't lose much in the first week, it could just be because you didn't have a lot of water weight to lose in the first place! So if you don't see much, don't get discouraged.

Thanks so much! I'm not new to the whole workout eat better thing just lowering carbs and better choices. so hoping this helps. :)
  • VaporHero
    VaporHero Posts: 33
    Options
    Checked my weight today. Dropped 13lbs. Guessing thats mostly water weight, but I'm sure youve lost. Very much looking forward to hearing your results in the am!