Calling it quits early

Options
Miamiuu
Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
So things ive learned low carbing this time is maybe 30 days is too long for me. I made it to day 25, but around that time I started craving other foods then what ive been eating. I had to have had chicken wings like half the time I was on my diet, and also ate a lot of ground beef. Maybe knowing I was so close to the end of my diet made me less motivated for it. Thinking how much of a difference would five days make. Also I was getting urges to eat out alot. Wanted to eat steaks and chicken but from restaurants rather then my own food satisfying me.One thing I noticed this time is that I didnt really get any bad headaches at eating 30 grams a day. One day I got a little sick and went over board on the diet sodas. Had 15 in a day smh. I havent been watching my weight too much on the scales, but pants are fitting me better now so I probably lost something. Anyway I think after a short break im going to try doing only a 20 day session.

Replies

• Skoster1
    Skoster1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Also I was getting urges to eat out alot. Wanted to eat steaks and chicken but from restaurants rather then my own food satisfying me.

If you decide to do it again, you're allowed to eat at restaurants, the steak there is still steak. :-)
  • ThreeMonthsTo150
    Options
    So things ive learned low carbing this time is maybe 30 days is too long for me. I made it to day 25, but around that time I started craving other foods then what ive been eating. I had to have had chicken wings like half the time I was on my diet, and also ate a lot of ground beef. Maybe knowing I was so close to the end of my diet made me less motivated for it. Thinking how much of a difference would five days make. Also I was getting urges to eat out alot. Wanted to eat steaks and chicken but from restaurants rather then my own food satisfying me.One thing I noticed this time is that I didnt really get any bad headaches at eating 30 grams a day. One day I got a little sick and went over board on the diet sodas. Had 15 in a day smh. I havent been watching my weight too much on the scales, but pants are fitting me better now so I probably lost something. Anyway I think after a short break im going to try doing only a 20 day session.

You'd find things a lot easier if you stopped thinking of it as a diet and for a set amount of days, make it your new lifestyle and it's a lot easier I promise :happy:

And chicken wings are awesome!
    Eating out while doing Keto or just low carbing is the best! Go out and enjoy a steak!
    I'll be having a baconator from Wendy's today for lunch.. Bunless but still a yummy bacon cheese burger! :heart:

But if you think you can't handle it anymore just up your daily carb goal, most people can handle around 50 grams and still be in Keto and if that doesn't work for you toss in a carb up meal or even a full carb up day then go back to low carbing.
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I was wanting to go out for lunch and dinner. Would have spent around 120 for the last 5 days and that definitely wasnt in my budget. I would just eat something and still want to eat more.
  • Skoster1
    Skoster1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I was wanting to go out for lunch and dinner. Would have spent around 120 for the last 5 days and that definitely wasnt in my budget. I would just eat something and still want to eat more.

Ah, I see.

Well, next time if you decide to do it again, focus in on recipes and learning to cook as well or better than restaurants do. Today I dipped bacon slices into egg and breaded them with crushed pork rinds and then baked them... Totally blew away any restaurant meal I could have had. It was both fun and delicious!

http://imgur.com/a/Y0Ygl
  • ginnyspencer1
    ginnyspencer1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Let us know how it goes when you go keto again, if you're quitting! I'd say don't quit, if it's not too late! I'd also challenge you to evaluate what else in your life, besides your diet, may be causing these moments of food cravings...PMS does that...work stress does that...emotional stress does that...at least for me! I've tried to catch that and "do something" else, besides eat, if I can. Things like putting on headphones and taking a walk, listening to an audio book, starting to exercise (wow, tough to start but total stress relief!), etc. And yea, sometimes I just eat...but I try to make it high fat, mod protein so I fill up quickly before the calories add up. Best wishes! It's not easy but you can do it! Staying or quitting for now, you can do it! :-)

Also...it's really just past the 20-30 day mark that adaptation kicks in and things run smoothly, on keto.