Options
Hey All,
Just joined the group after reading the book and cook book. I really think it will help me but very few people understand. Can I add anyone as a friend? I've been doing MFP for almost a year, so I'm sticking to it, but need help with the transition to wheatlessness!

Replies

• debijarmon
    Options
    Hello! I have been at it for only a short time, but it is working when nothing else seem to! I am very happy!:smile:
    I am totally cleaning out our house (yes, house! All the little hiding place George has!) tomorrow! My daughter gains it all! All my unbleached, unrefined, etc.... I am not sure about the rice products (brown rice, flours,...). Are they NO good? I think I got my answer to "sprouted" bread...and I really liked it!
    But can anyone help as far as the rice products? Is rice flours out with the potato and tapioca flours? Will I ever eat bread again? (My heart is Italian- bread that is: :cry:
    Good to know someone else is out there!
    Thanks!
    Debi
  • joied
    joied Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi, just finished reading (actually it was an audio book so listening would be more appropriate) to Dr Davis' book, Wheat Belly. I think I am willing to try going wheat free as I've had gastro problems in the past. Being mindful of following a generally low FODMAPS diet has helped but I think going wheat free might give further relief. It wouldn't hurt to lose my bike tire belly too. It's just that stubborn ring around the belly that resisted all my gym efforts. Anything to help me control my blood sugars (yes, like millions out there, I am a diabetic) and blood pressure. With my weight loss, I have been able to reduce my hypertension medication but I'd like to get rid of it altogether.

I've joined this group to get support and where I can give it too. Feel free to add me as a friend, just include a message that you're part of this group to give me a heads up.
  • rayahmarie333
    rayahmarie333 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello... I read Wheat Belly, and I want to follow it for life. My biggest problem is I'm a very PICKY eater. I've lived off whole wheat waffles, crackers, pasta, pancakes, etc. on a daily basis my whole life (I'm 41!). I have the cookbooks, but I'm using some of those recipes with some others I've found on wheat-free web sites. I first tried eliminating wheat back in Dec., but I stopped after suffering an unbelievably scary panic attack (withdrawal?). Well, after staying wheat-free about 2 weeks back then, I fell off the 'wagon' after that panic attack. I ended up gaining back the weight I lost and another 10 pounds on top of it. So... here I am again. This is my second wheat-free attempt - 4 days today. I haven't followed every detail of the plan, but I have made some meaningful changes. I've been eating wheat-free and grain-free waffles, muffins, and bread. I also snack on nuts and cheese. I'm not a big meat eater or veggie eater (remember, PICKY). This is a challenge for me, and one I'll need to work hard on.

I'm happy to have found this group for support. :smile: