I need some friends & support!!!

Options
I have a hard time losing weight because I am lazy. I need some encouraging words to get me motivated to exercise. I currently weigh 223 lbs. I want to weigh around 165lbs. & in order for me to accomplish this goal I need to eat better and exercise everyday even if it's just walking. please help

Replies

• pmackey49
    pmackey49 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I understand. Let's start posting here everyday. I felt the same way when I first started I was embaressed to got the gym because I weighed 289, but you know we have to start somewhere and focus on the weight instead let's focus on what we're going to eat and what type of exercise we're going to do today. I take Zumba classes 3 days a week now I alos have a trainer, if you can try to get one if only for a 30 minute session per week it helped. I'm down now to 270 and that is as of Monday, I weigh myself every Monday, this helps me to not over indulge on the weekends. Are you in Michigan?
  • tyana223cutie
    Options
    I'm in Maryland. I don't really have the means to get a trainer or to go to the gym, the funds just aren't there. Congrats on your progress though :flowerforyou:
  • pmackey49
    pmackey49 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thank you, ok with that being said you can record daily walks or any aerobic exercise you at home. I still walk and do aerobice DVD's too.
  • louanneatayan
    louanneatayan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    During my college years I mostly relied on walking around the campus as my main exercise. Being a recent graduate and new at work, I still yet have to have enough money to go to gyms or to buy the proper equipment.

Right now I really enjoy Zumba. After each session I really could feel the calories that I burned. I work it up by adding weights to my warm up dance.

>btw, I just looked for videos on youtube and downloaded them.
  • skeet67
    skeet67 Posts: 21
    Options
    Weather is getting nicer.....I started out a couple years ago at 225. I did not have the means of a gym or trainer either. I just started making changes in eating habits, started drinking lots of water and making my lazy butt get off the couch and go for walks. 30 minutes of walking a day will make a difference. But you can do this!!!! :smile:
  • tyana223cutie
    Options
    Thanks for the support!!! I've been slowly changing the way I eat. I'm trying to intake less calories each day, it's hard but it's something I've been meaning to do for the past couple of years now. MFP seems to really work. I'm glad I found a site that offers all of this support. Good Luck to you in your progress.
  • tyana223cutie
    Options
    I've never tried Zumba, it looks like it would be fun. I think I will look for exercise videos on online. Good luck on ur progress :wink:
  • skeet67
    Options
    I have only done Zumba a few times and it is fun! I went to a PiYo class last weekend.....it is Pilates and Yoga mixed! OMG!!! I sweated my butt off! I thought the two were just stretching. Stretching and a whole lot squats!!!! I have also done Jillian's 30 day shred before, which is kind of cheap to purchase online. Its is just trail and error till you find what you like. I use the nice weather as an excuse to go check out different parks and walking paths in the KC area. I have found some pretty nice parks that way that I would have found otherwise.
  • tpeirona
    tpeirona Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I love hiking! It's free and can be so beautiful surrounding yourself with nature.
  • 1013carl
    1013carl Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I just began for the first time ever, watching what I eat, and my weight. (CW=206)
    So I started walking. Have done it 7 of the last 11 days... It is also in a parking garage, going up and down the ramps so it is not a flat walk. In a 30 to 45 minute timeframe I usually go up and down what is equivalent to 13 to 18 stories.
    I haven't seen a weight drop yet (and am surprised) but I'm feeling better and have more energy. I'm thinking in the next day or so I'll blink, and 3 or 4 pounds will be gone.... [fingers crossed]

Carl -
  • tyana223cutie
    Options
    Carl, You are right. When u least expect it, the pounds will start shedding off. Walking is my favorite exercise. I don't have a car right now, so I pretty much walk everywhere, within reason. Good luck to You :wink:
  • skeet67
    Options
    You will usually build muscle up first and muscle weighs more than fat. So you will be losing and not see the scale change USUALLY at first. But don't give up!!!!
  • tyana223cutie
    Options
    My daughter said the best thing to me yesterday. I just found Zumba exercise dvds & laid them on the table. When my daughter came home from basketball practice & saw the Zumba dvds she said, "you better not get all cocky when u get your body back". That made me feel good, like she believes in me that I will lose this weight. I just had to mention that. :happy: Anyone else have a moment that made u feel really good?
  • tyana223cutie
    Options
    My daughter said the best thing to me yesterday. I just found Zumba exercise dvds & laid them on the table. When my daughter came home from basketball practice & saw the Zumba dvds she said, "you better not get all cocky when u get your body back". That made me feel good, like she believes in me that I will lose this weight. I just had to mention that. :happy: Anyone else have a moment that made u feel really good?
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options

That is so nice, that is all the inspiration you need, you can do this!!!
  • tyana223cutie
    Options
    Thank you so much. Congrats on all of your progress :wink:
  • 1013carl
    1013carl Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Kids see the truth in people. That goes to show the example you are setting for her.... weight issues aside! She is watching and learning from you. Forget hoping.... it's happening! Yee Hah ! ! !

For my moment... Well today the scale moved for the first time since I started like 14 days ago.... Dropped 3 Lbs. :happy:

Carl -
  • tyana223cutie
    Options
    congratulations :flowerforyou:
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Well done Carl
  • hirstrl
    hirstrl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Well done Carl