Hair and The Pool

Options
ccmowen
ccmowen Posts: 2 Member
Hello ladies!

I was insanely excited to see this group! Hair and how to keep it looking nice while exercising and sweating has always been one of my greatest deterrents. I've been invited to join a swim aerobics class that I think I'd really like to do but how do I do that and keep my hair looking nice for work 2 hours later.

How do all of you deal with this?

Christy

Replies

• EniBee
    EniBee Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi Christy,

Wow, this is a difficult on. The only thing I can think about is that since you will have to wash out all of the chlorine from your hair anyway, you have no other option but to wash and blow dry. When I use the pool, I make sure that my hair is in a protective style with extensions, not wigs! This means that I can just rinse/wash my hair, dry and go.
  • ddrmaster07
    ddrmaster07 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey my name is Ariana. I am a former competitive swimmer. I can say that my hair grew best when I swam. Hair loves water. Yes the chlorine can be harsh. Since is was competitve I had to wear a swim cap. but I would use V05 and olive oil before I swam and then rinsed it out after. And If I work the swim cap.....Girl it was like a hot oil treatment to my hair. Protective styles do make it easier. (no wig no weave)
  • foodequalshappy
    foodequalshappy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Slightly less pretty but after you apply your conditioner, you can wrap your head in cling film before your swim cap.
    That would help cover your hair a little bit more.