ATKINS IMPROVES YOUR HEALTH!

Options
timwhoa
timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
I went to the DR Yesterday, in 4 weeks I lost 17 pounds on thier scale, the DR and the nurse were a very surprised, He kept asking me, "how did you do it", I simply replied, "Less in, More out",, I never tell the DR that I do atkins, in years past when I have it just opens a whole can of worms, So I just let them wonder how and why are my test scores so low, why is my blood pressure low, how did I get my cholestorol so low, and how did I lose 17 pounds in one month,, its too bad the mainstream medical world doesnt believe in low carb and its amazing powers to improve our health!

Replies

• lorarte
    lorarte Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    well done!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Good for you! :flowerforyou:
  • raychilg
    raychilg Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant news!

I am always worrying about how Atkins will impact my health. Aside from a few tummy troubles (think my body is getting used to everything) so far I have felt much healthier. But i do worry for my cholesterol. But I am not scoffing tons of cheese or deep frying anything, so I am sure it won't do that much damage.

I think cutting back on sugar is one of the best things we can do for our bodies.

GO ATKINS wooop :)
  • melodymedlin
    melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. :) You should be very proud of yourself. let them wonder obviously it works! I go next week but I've not been doing atkin's that long so we'll see. :drinker:
  • kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I went to the DR Yesterday, in 4 weeks I lost 17 pounds on thier scale, the DR and the nurse were a very surprised, He kept asking me, "how did you do it", I simply replied, "Less in, More out",, I never tell the DR that I do atkins, in years past when I have it just opens a whole can of worms, So I just let them wonder how and why are my test scores so low, why is my blood pressure low, how did I get my cholestorol so low, and how did I lose 17 pounds in one month,, its too bad the mainstream medical world doesnt believe in low carb and its amazing powers to improve our health!
    Awesome!
  • kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to start. Howdid you all do it? Did you have to buy alot of stuff?
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    for me personally I find doing atkins to be so easy, but I keep it simple, so the grocery shopping is easy, but I must say there are many great low carb recipies that help people to get thru and not get stuck in duldrums, here is a great 2 week recipie web page for doing induction, it includes desserts too!
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/induction_menus/induction_menus.html