Refeed vs. Free Meal: Why not use them?

Options
Re-feeds/ Free Meals , these are terms that have been used by physique competitors for years but really don't seem to be well known amongst masses like more popular terms

"Calories in vs Calories out"
"Eat less than your burn"

After my clients lose their 1st 10lbs I like to incorporate scheduled Refeed days (Days where clients receive higher carbs in hopes of bring their metabolism back or close to normal versus a calorie deficit. Once we get close to their ideal weight I like to incorporate free meals so there is a sense of normalcy.

Free meals work the same way but focus more on a calorie surplus than specific assigned macros (proteins, carbs, and fats)

In order for our weight loss journey to be a success we must be able to maintain our ideal weight while functioning with society, that means having a healthy relationship with food even if that means consuming a surplus of calories from time to time.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS TOPIC PLEASE COMMENT "TELL ME MORE" OR ASK A QUESTION PERTAINING TO SCHEDULED REFEEDS OR FREE MEALS.

Thanks for your support and I look forward to receiving your questions

Coach Corey Guess
V-fitnesstraining.com
corey@v-fitnesstraining.com

Replies

• Chocol8teThunder
    Chocol8teThunder Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Message from Gina

STORMY_SEAS8 I do higher carb days and lower carb days. I have been doing it for about the last 6 months or so. It seems to help keep my binging under control and my metabolism up,,,, nice article,, i luv it
  • pac_
    pac_ Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Refeeds are more of a mental break than anything, also good for replenishing glycogen when carbs are low in a long dieting phase. As far as free meals go id suggest saving 40-50% of your macros for the day and enjoying a meal but not binging out of control. A high fat binge fest can ruin weeks of progress, excess over feeding on fat will be stored as fat. Over feeding on carbs for a day will elevate your TEF, replenish glycogen, and just give you the energy to grind thorough your workouts. de novo lipogenesis (conversion of carbs to fat) is not the preferred pathway when excess carbs are added for a day or 2.