May 2014 Thread

Options
Stoshew71
Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
Here is a discussion thread for those who will be doing the May Running Challenge located:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1268744-may-running-challange

Feel free to post whatever you like. However, your goals should be declared in the actual thread link listed above as well as your daily run logs. Check back in this thread to give support to others that are running this challange with you. Or ask a question or help here.

Excited about hitting your goal and wish to have others celebrate with you? Post your accomplishment here.
Having troubles hitting your goal or suffered an injury? Post it here for more support.

Replies

• jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

Just a test to see if my ticker shows.

Yay!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,067 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    Tommorow starts the logging for the May Running Challange. Is everyone excited? Just remember to log your daily runs/walks in the link at the top. Use this message board for additional comments and questions. Tommorow just happends to be my rest day so my first real entry will be Friday. Here is an example of how I log my runs (from the April Challange). You can do it any way that works for you tho.

Date Miles today. Miles for April
    4/1 - 4 mi outside - 4
    4/2 - REST DAY
    4/3 - 7 miles outside - 11
    4/4 - REST DAY
    4/5 - 13.1 miles outside - 24.1
    4/6 - REST DAY
    4/7 - 4 miles outside 28.1
    4/8 - REST DAY
    4/9 - 4 miles outside 32.1
    4/10-12 REST DAY (tapering)
    4/13 - 13.1 Bridge Street Half Marathon Race 45.2
    4/14 - REST DAY
    4/15 - 4 miles outside recovery 49.2
    4/16 - 4 miles outside 53.2
    4/17 - REST DAY
    4/18 - 7 miles outside 60.2
    4/19 - 10 miles outside 70.2
    4/20 - REST DAY
    4/21 - 7 miles outside 77.2
    4/22 - 7.5 miles outside 84.7
    4/23 - 6.1 miles outside 90.8
    4/24 - REST DAY
    4/25 - 5 miles outside 95.8
    4/26 - 14 miles outside 109.8
    4/27 - REST DAY
    4/28 - 8 miles outside 117.8
    4/29 - 8 miles outside 125.8
    4/30 - 8 miles outside 133.8

exercise.png
  • irakrishna1
    irakrishna1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi Stoshew71 and Everyone!

Thank you for your kind invitation! I'm excited as well as hopeful of crossing my goal successfully this time. Others workouts have cut back running time so it's 30 miles challenge in May for me. Good Luck to everyone!

exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    Today starts the May Challange. Good luck everyone. Let me know if I may help anyone.
  • weather_nerd
    Options
    0.73 Miles. I'm doing C25K so I calculated my total "running" to be that much.
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    0.73 Miles. I'm doing C25K so I calculated my total "running" to be that much.

Make sure your actual logs are on the main thread located at:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1268744-may-running-challange

And you can log both running and walking.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I'm not getting off to a good start. I'm skipping my scheduled 5-mile run today due to a bad cold. I ran the past two nights and each time my temperature would spike up to 102°. Going to rest a couple of days and hopefully get over this thing!
  • moxiept
    moxiept Posts: 200 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Question guys: I was unable to updated my already created ticker this morning. I had to create a brand new ticker and add my miles. When I use the direct image URL (http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w37azVs/exercise.png) it simply takes me to the image itself. Clicking on the ticker does nothing. When I use the link indicated in the instructions (http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php?type=8) I have no option to select settings and enter the PIN I created. Am I missing something? Or doing something wrong? Any clarification is greatly appreciated - Thank you!
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    May 1 - 2 miles
    May 2 - 2 miles

exercise.png
  • irakrishna1
    irakrishna1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    05/03
    Running: 2 miles 2/30:drinker:
  • Soufre
    Soufre Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • runner359
    runner359 Posts: 90 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • AstorMiles
    AstorMiles Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

Half marathon yesterday! Ran a personal best: 1 hour 57 minutes. I think I could have gone faster - I was pretty comfortable for most of the race. Maybe I'll aim for a slightly faster time next time...
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Question guys: I was unable to updated my already created ticker this morning. I had to create a brand new ticker and add my miles. When I use the direct image URL (http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w37azVs/exercise.png) it simply takes me to the image itself. Clicking on the ticker does nothing. When I use the link indicated in the instructions (http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php?type=8) I have no option to select settings and enter the PIN I created. Am I missing something? Or doing something wrong? Any clarification is greatly appreciated - Thank you!

img] get rid of the spaces and that will show your ticker if you used the "display" linkexercise.png
    that is your ticker from the link you posted
  • farrellz
    farrellz Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • happyjack1976
    happyjack1976 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Miles for MAY (Goal = 50)

5/1 - REST DAY
    5/2 - 3.25
    5/3 - REST DAY