Check In May 5, 2014

Options
julieworley376
julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
Thought I would get this started this morning. I tracked all my food for today last night and just got that packed up. I love the fact I can tweak it as I go should things change.. that's tweak not twerk.

Replies

• Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Now, come on Julie!?!?? We all know you're a closet twerker!!! Don't hide it, that dance burns a lot of calories!!! Lmbo :laugh:
    YA - I like that I can pre-log to see how things effect my micros and change it as I actually eat.
    My hubby plans on making us a big pot of beef vegetable soup today. We'll eat some, freeze some. Then we're going on a pic-nic lunch and walk at Salt Fork state Park. I cant wait! Its so beautiful there :flowerforyou: Blessings to everyone!
  • BodyByChipsAhoy
    BodyByChipsAhoy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Today I'm starting a totally new eating plan. I have a co-worker who is a crossfit coach and has clients who he does eating plans for. Its nothing extreme-just good healthy food (about 1800 calories a day) with a focus on getting rid of sugar, which is most definitely my downfall.

I was 255 (lowest weight in a long time) when I got pregnant in July 2012. I was up to 287 when I gave birth to him. Lost the weight quickly and have been putting it back on over the last year. No matter what I did, the scale stayed pretty steady around 278. I felt that something was wrong with the scale, so I got a new one. Stepped on it this morning and was astonished to see the following number staring back at me: 290.6. What the heck have I done to myself? To my son??? I truly don't believe I have anywhere to go but up. But I am scared I will fail again, and scared that I won't be there for my son and won't have the energy to keep up with him. I worry that he will miss out on doing things with me because I won't be able to. I am devastated.

I feel hopeful and hopeless at the same time, if that makes sense.

I plan on adding to my blog on here and taking one day at a time. I can use all the support I can get!
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Hopeful is what you want to aim for! There is something empowering about starting fresh. Forget about failure. Just think of it as one day at a time and log log log. As soon as I put something in my mouth, I log it. Or pre-log.
  • julieworley376
    Options
    Failure is not an option. That is the mindset I want you to have. Oh there may be some detours along the way.. but failure? No way! You have us here, you can come here anytime of day or night and talk to us. We will help you keep the detours in perspective. You WILL do this!! :smile:
  • julieworley376
    Options
    I am feeling that 5lb loss in a positive way already. I can't wait till it's 20, 30, 40 lbs! And it WILL be.. I said so!!
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I am feeling that 5lb loss in a positive way already. I can't wait till it's 20, 30, 40 lbs! And it WILL be.. I said so!!

:drinker: Woo! Woo! :drinker: Way to go Julie!!
  • lindabeth333
    lindabeth333 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    It is hard when we have such a long way to go - I had a 3 pound weight loss this week but that is after 3 weeks of no movement on the scale. When I look at the big picture - I have lost 12 pounds in 6 weeks so that is 2 pounds per week but it was very hard to wait those three weeks to see the loss. I was frustrated because I was eating well - logging in everything and exercising almost every day. With 100 pounds to lose - I would think it would come off faster. I did feel like giving up but stuck it out and now I know that I can do this - one day, one food choice - one walk at a time.
  • Sandyslosenit
    Options
    It is hard when we have such a long way to go - I had a 3 pound weight loss this week but that is after 3 weeks of no movement on the scale. When I look at the big picture - I have lost 12 pounds in 6 weeks so that is 2 pounds per week but it was very hard to wait those three weeks to see the loss. I was frustrated because I was eating well - logging in everything and exercising almost every day. With 100 pounds to lose - I would think it would come off faster. I did feel like giving up but stuck it out and now I know that I can do this - one day, one food choice - one walk at a time.
    What a inspiration for all of us Linda!! I love this "One day, One food choice, One walk at a time!!!"
  • Sporkstastegreat
    Options
    daily victory: Realized I've followed my diet plan for an entire week without breaking off and didn't notice (didn't obsess over what I'm not eating). Pretty happy about that. :D
  • cekennon
    cekennon Posts: 44 Member
    Options

I feel hopeful and hopeless at the same time, if that makes sense.

I feel that way too - I was gun ho and today I got on scale and I am up 3 lbs - I have not been perfect but also not so bad - I am retaining a lot of water and hope its the polish turkey kielbasa I ate yesterday and saurkraut. I hate this battle - UGH!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sandyslosenit
    Options
    daily victory: Realized I've followed my diet plan for an entire week without breaking off and didn't notice (didn't obsess over what I'm not eating). Pretty happy about that. :D
    Fantastic victory!! Woot Woot!!
  • cekennon
    Options
    Well I just read everything everyone wrote and I am NOT going to give up. Zumba tonight and just going to try to stay away from teh HUGE bucket of candy in my office - UGH!!!!!!!! I did have a WW bagel for breakfast and I have turkey keilbasa for lunch...I feel good but that scale was not kind to me today...ok no more pitty - one day - one choice -
  • cekennon
    Options
    Ok I just saw the sodium in the keilbasa is over 1400 and the sourkraut too - ..ok - I feel better - its sodium...well I will eat the leftover (hate to throw out food) and no more of that!!!!!!
  • julieworley376
    Options
    You absolutely can Linda. Try not to look at that big picture and how far you have to go. Try and aim for the next 5 lbs or the next dress size down or those few more minutes exercise. Keep busy, keep tracking, 6 months from now I bet you will be glad you did!
  • claudie08
    claudie08 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Happy Cinco de Mayo Ladies!!

I started this month off in a good and and a bad way. Good is that I am down 1.2 lbs. Bad - it's the weight that I gained last week. I can't break out of this cycle. After 5 months one would think there would have been more progress. I've been teetering between 265 and 263 for the past 2 months alone!! On a good note, I am seeing and feeling the changes in my body as a result of my workouts.

I have 2 pairs of jeans that shrunk after I put them in the dryer last year. When I tried them on, I barely got them on and they would not close around my stomach. I cried because they were my only pairs!! Last week I tried them on and not only did I get them all the way up, but they zipped. They're still tight, but I got them ON ans was able to zip them up!!! I was shocked. How could I have done this with only an 8 lbs weight loss?! This is telling me that even though the scale is not budging, things are starting to get sucked in!!

Time to ramp up my workouts!! Now, if I can correct my diet, I'll be golden.
  • julieworley376
    Options
    THAT much sodium in turkey kielbasa? WOW. Amazing how much sodium is in just about everything.
  • julieworley376
    Options
    Claudie that is awesome you are seeing results. As far as food goes what do you think needs improving? Are you tracking, weighing, measuring every single day?
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Oh YAY, how nice to see so much conversation so early! I am doing pretty well despite being surrounded by food temptations. Last night another woman arrived with baked goods, Eeek!, but I asked her to keep everything in the other condo unit. Good thing as I was roaming around at 3 a.m., unable to sleep, and raided the fridge--leftover roasted Brussels sprouts and a slice of ham. I had too much of a calorie deficit yesterday, usually a recipe for disaster, But I'll take the victory this time.

Great to read what everyone is doing!!!
    Karen
  • BodyByChipsAhoy
    BodyByChipsAhoy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Its so great to see all this participation...you all are very inspiring to me.

Hoping that everyone has a wonderful day!
  • debunny34
    debunny34 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wanted to pop on a minute before I get started on cleaning the house, oh what Fun that is lol. So I was surfing youtube this morning looking for some new fun exercises and came across a really decent Zumba group on there and I thought I might share it with you all because it is so upbeat and one of those songs that seems like it will give us all some pep today :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7OnZCtISkI&list=PLF336162C75488CBD

I have tons of videos and exercise games here for the xbox kinect but I wanted something fresh today. I have been having an emotional day that I am trying to break out of. I took some of it out on Zumba instead of food at least, even though I wanted to just break down today. I hate when I get like this, because it is the hardest for me to pull out of. Some big emotional things right now at home so it isn't like I can just ignore them. So somehow I have got to just work through it all and try to keep going and stay focused.

I do hope you all are having a wonderful Monday though and good luck to you all getting in your goals today too!!