Atkins diet recommended for Diabetes?

Options
2»

Replies

• kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I love Atkins I think it really helps to find what your level of carbs you can go to to keep bg under control. Mine is currently 30 but might be able to go up one day. I really like kalyns kitchen, alli dream about is food and élan as pantry. When you type the recipes in it works out carbs for you just subtract the fibre. I have tried a few low carb diets but Atkins is the only one I can do long term. South beach is too high carb for me. As soon as I fall off the wagon bg rockets and weight goes up. Good luck!!!
    Thank you!
  • Gentyl
    Gentyl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    They have an entire recipe section on diabetesforum.com.. Just amazing. That's where I got recipes such as Creamy Southwestern Taco Soup, 70-second Flax Bread, Almond/Mozzarella Pizza Crust, Keto Pancakes, Keto Chocolate Pecan Fudge, Keto Chicken Parmesan, Optimist Crackers (once you go optimist, you never go back; really delicious), Cream of Broccoli Soup, Cream of Chicken Soup, Oriental Steak, Keto Cheesecake, and, oh my gosh, the list goes on. Of course, many vegetables and berries accompany the day, but I was able to get my fasting blood sugars from the 300s to the 70s with such easy and wonderful recipes. Even my cholesterol went back to normal.

It takes a lot of faith to go completely opposite of what any nutritionist would tell you, but thousands of people have done it now, and the number is growing because it actually works for blood sugar and overall health. Even Sweden, an entire country, diabetic and nondiabetic alike, has recently made this their National Diet. And you know the Swedes, they don't do anything without precision and research.

Still, at first, I was scared off of this diet by my nutritionist and saw my numbers begin to go up and was headed for a life of medication, tons of insulin, etc.. With this way of life, I was able to come off of all medication. You will hear similar stories from people all around the world. I wish you well, my fellow diabetic.
  • kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    They have an entire recipe section on diabetesforum.com.. Just amazing. That's where I got recipes such as Creamy Southwestern Taco Soup, 70-second Flax Bread, Almond/Mozzarella Pizza Crust, Keto Pancakes, Keto Chocolate Pecan Fudge, Keto Chicken Parmesan, Optimist Crackers (once you go optimist, you never go back; really delicious), Cream of Broccoli Soup, Cream of Chicken Soup, Oriental Steak, Keto Cheesecake, and, oh my gosh, the list goes on. Of course, many vegetables and berries accompany the day, but I was able to get my fasting blood sugars from the 300s to the 70s with such easy and wonderful recipes. Even my cholesterol went back to normal.

It takes a lot of faith to go completely opposite of what any nutritionist would tell you, but thousands of people have done it now, and the number is growing because it actually works for blood sugar and overall health. Even Sweden, an entire country, diabetic and nondiabetic alike, has recently made this their National Diet. And you know the Swedes, they don't do anything without precision and research.

Still, at first, I was scared off of this diet by my nutritionist and saw my numbers begin to go up and was headed for a life of medication, tons of insulin, etc.. With this way of life, I was able to come off of all medication. You will hear similar stories from people all around the world. I wish you well, my fellow diabetic.
    Thank you very much!