AVOCADO :)

Options
Hello all - Day one for me today for my OFFICIAL KETO start :) I have been educating myself a ton over the last few weeks and I am ready to tackle this now !

Does anyone have any great recipes or ideas on what to do with Avocado's ??

If you are just starting your journey and want some support, as who can't use that ? Feel free to add me and good luck all !!

Replies

• Tanukiko
    Tanukiko Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Avocado Deviled Eggs! Don't have the recipe on hand but its basically the egg yolk mashed together with avocado, some full fat mayo or sour cream, some salt, ceyenne pepper and that's it. I put a little piece of bacon and cilantro on top of each one. YUMZ
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    It sounds funny, but it can be used to make a pretty decent chocolate pudding. There are tons of recipes online, but the basic premise is stick an avocado, sweetener, and cocoa powder in a blender or food processor. Use heavy cream to thin it out to your liking. Tastes pretty damn good. The chocolate flavor overpowers the avocado flavor.

There's also fried advocado. You can cut into strips, dip in egg, coat in grated parmesan (real kind is better then Kraft green container for this), and fry or bake in oven.

Use it in egg salad or as a spread on a low carb tortilla. Absolutely delicious.
  • fit4forty1975
    Options
    That sounds delish and I will be trying this for sure !! Thanks !!!!
  • fit4forty1975
    Options
    Thank you both !!!
  • aleehagen
    aleehagen Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I like to mix half an avocado up with 2 oz cream cheese and 1 tbsp of Tillamook sour cream, a little sriracha and salt and it's an awesome breakfast!
  • HenryTheTerrible
    Options
    I'll fry up a chicken breast in garlic butter, slice it in half and put 1/4 of an avocado on each slice (or half the avocado if you really like them) then top it off with bacon bits :) It's pretty delicious. Nothing beats garlic and bacon for flavour on the keto diet!!