Induction: Lost 13lbs first week - is this normal/bad?

Options
I started induction on Monday 4/28. Starting weight was 317. My breakfast usually consisted of eggs and sausage. 2 burger patties or 2 chicken breast and a medium sized salad for lunch and repeat for dinner. Snacks usually consist of small pieces of chicken or veggies. Drinking water mostly with an occasional Hawaiian Punch Single drink mixer. Im jogging 3 times weekly for 30 minutes. Today I weighed myself on the same scale and I had dropped to 304. Thats a loss of 13lbs. Im assuming thats mostly water weight, but is that normal or even a healthy rate of weight loss?

Replies

• timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    its perfect weight loss, remember atkins did not want you to weigh until 14 days were over, the dreaded week 2 is always very little weight loss, so dont expect much out of week 2, this is normal for almost every dieter, even those on the tv show biggest loser
  • VaporHero
    VaporHero Posts: 33
    Options
    its perfect weight loss, remember atkins did not want you to weigh until 14 days were over, the dreaded week 2 is always very little weight loss, so dont expect much out of week 2, this is normal for almost every dieter, even those on the tv show biggest loser

Oops, I missed that part. I bought the abridged version of the new diet revolution audiobook. Thank you so much for your support here and on my other thread. Your weight loss is very encouraging.
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    your very welcome,, your doing FANTASTIC, but pushing thru the week 2 slump takes a little effort, so hang in there, week 3 picks back up weeks 4 5 and 6 you will be burning and losing lots of fat and pounds, staying on the road is the hardest part, so eat freely of the allowed foods, and enjoy being on a diet where you dont have to eat like a bird
  • VaporHero
    Options
    Thank you!
  • mooie70
    mooie70 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Timwhoa: You've just saved my sanity!!! I lost 4 kilos in my first week...and 500g in my second and was beating myself up wondering what was going on as I hadn't changed a thing...
  • VaporHero
    Options
    He's awesome
  • mooie70
    mooie70 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Big congratulations on your progress. great work.
  • VaporHero
    Options
    Big congratulations on your progress. great work.

Thank you!