Difficulty...

Options
LadyBoss_1989
LadyBoss_1989 Posts: 121 Member
Having diffculty eating at 1500 calories a day, since its suggested to cut out all gluten products.
I still want to try to not eat gluten and see if anything improves. What is a typical/healthy Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
look like on a gluten/bread free diet?? because right now im eating about 500 to 800 calories a day and i feel like complete ****.
ALMOST all of my daily calories per day came from Gluten/Bread apparently..

Replies

• twinkles2121
    twinkles2121 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Having diffculty eating at 1500 calories a day, since its suggested to cut out all gluten products.
    I still want to try to not eat gluten and see if anything improves. What is a typical/healthy Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
    look like on a gluten/bread free diet?? because right now im eating about 500 to 800 calories a day and i feel like complete ****
    ALMOST all of my daily calories per day came from Gluten/Bread apparently..

Are you eating 1500 calories a day net? Because it it is the 500-800, no wonder if feel like crap, you're not eating nearly enough.
  • nickiboop
    nickiboop Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Add good fats, cream, cheese, coconut oil etc these up your calories and make you feel full
  • allergictodiets
    allergictodiets Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    What about other grains? Buckwheat, quinoa, certified gluten-free oatflakes? Corn? Pulses are gluten-free as well.
  • go2grrl
    go2grrl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Surely you didn't mean you're only eating 500-800 total cals per day, right? My 79 pound dog eats more than that! If you cut out gluten, ideally you should replace those cals with fats. Eggs, avocados, coconut oil, etc. If you're used to eating vast amounts of carbohydrates, then suddenly cut them out completely you might expect to feel a little cranky and out of sorts. I've heard it referred to as the "carb flu" and takes a few weeks to go away.
  • LadyBoss_1989
    LadyBoss_1989 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I feel like previously I did eat a good big of carbs and not the good ones ( Bread, etc). A big bread eating right here.
    and now that I cut that out, I find that ia'm eating wayyyy less, because i depended on bread so much.
    But I will try and fill up all those calories with the items you all have mentioned, because i'am going thru bad carb withdrawl
    and hungry all the time since im not eating as much :/
  • maracuya23
    maracuya23 Posts: 122
    Options
    Naturally gluten free foods:
    Omelettes/ eggs
    Fruit- fresh/ plain frozen/ dried
    Vegetables- fresh/ plain frozen
    Yogurt/ Milk/ Cheese
    Nuts- peanut butter!/ walnuts/ almonds/ coconut/ etc
    Corn/ corn tortillas/ polenta/ grits/ hominy
    Rice/ wild rice/ rice noodles/ rice cakes
    Quinoa
    Buckwheat (though read labels closely)
    Shrimp/ fish/ roasted chicken/ other proteins you cook from scratch
    Beans/ lentils/ chickpeas
    Mushrooms

So: veggie and protein in an omelette, fritatta, egg casserole, quesadilla, corn taco
    Shrimp and grits
    Lots of soups
    Spaghetti squash with sauce
    Yogurt with fresh or frozen fruits
    Smoothies

Hope that helps! Gluten free gets a lot easier!