One piece of advice...

Options
geekishgirl
geekishgirl Posts: 117 Member
I am still fairly new to this program, about 3 weeks in. I was hoping that people could share with us newbies; advice, tips for being successful, or something that you wish someone had told you when you started.

Replies

• kmarshalljansen
    kmarshalljansen Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Here's my biggest piece of Medifast advice:

Make smoothies out of Pudding, Brownie Soft Bakes, and Chocolate Chip Soft Bakes.

Seriously, those smoothies at the end of every day are a life saver. I *love* ice cream, and these hit that craving directly.

Other not quite as critical pieces of advice:

Drink your water! More than you think you should!

Sleep well.

When you're hungry and have to eat SOMETHING, make good choices. A few almonds, a piece of light cheese, or a bite or two of leftover chicken is better than grabbing something off plan.

Split your lean and green! Have a couple ounces of your lean and a half cup of green with your lunch meal and it will really help. We realized that the lean and green meal was often bigger than what we wanted, so this makes a ton of sense.

--
    http://weightlossachievementunlocked.blogspot.com/
  • geekishgirl
    Options
    All of that is great advice! I have done a "frostie" with my chocolate pudding and that was excellent! I never thought about doing it with the cookie or brownie. Do you use a specific recipe for those? I will DEFINITELTY be giving that a try.
  • kmarshalljansen
    Options
    For the cookie and brownie I use this:

One Packet soft bake
    1 cup of crushed ice
    1/2 cup water
    1/2 tablespoon light cream cheese
    1/2 tablespoon cocoa powder
    1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

Blend it forever until the ice is pulverized. You can also add a tablespoon of PB2 to it if you can spare the calories!
  • PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    Options

One Packet soft bake
    1 cup of crushed ice
    1/2 cup water

Blend it forever until the ice is pulverized. You can also add a tablespoon of PB2 to it if you can spare the calories!

Oh my gosh, I never thought about adding cream cheese. YUM.
  • geekishgirl
    Options
    That sounds amazing!!! Thanks for sharing! I will be giving this a try as soon as I can get home to my blender!
  • kimberlyannme
    Options
    How do you do the frosty with the pudding? Recipe?
  • geekishgirl
    Options
    The frosty is super easy and super good. 1/2 cup of cold water, 1 cup mini ice cubes or crushed ice, 1 package of pudding. But it in the blender and let it go until the ice is all broken down. It's really good.
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Keep your lean and green interesting. It's the only meal you get to create yourself. Start working on the lifestyle changes that you will need in order to keep your weight off. I lost 70lbs. I did it on the 5 & 1. I learned absolutely nothing from eating meal replacements. I did the internal work to change from the inside out. I changed my thinking. THAT is what has helped me keep my weight off for more than two years!

Also, get all the support you possibly can
    You can do this!

Jennifer
  • geekishgirl
    Options
    Thanks Jennifer! That's really encoraging. I just discovered a blog that has tons of lean green recipes. It makes me excited to make those meals again. Salad with meat gets boring really quickly. But cauliflower pizza? Yum! Orange Chicken? Yum! I've noticed that good lean green meals help me stay on plan because I'm not left wanting something else.
  • 419er
    419er Posts: 53 Member
    Options

One Packet soft bake
    1 cup of crushed ice
    1/2 cup water

Hi - this looks like a great idea - I can't wait to try it - but I have to admit I don't get it all. In the TSFL/L&G world - where do some of those items live? Condiments? Healthy Fats? ??? I'm specifically wondering about the cream cheese - cocoa powder, and vanilla extract.
  • kmarshalljansen
    Options
    1 tbsp of low fat cream cheese is a condiment. Cocoa Powder and Vanilla Extract I think count as spices? I'm not really sure, I'm not anal about my add-ons though.
  • geekishgirl
    Options
    I have a dumb off topic question... How are you able to add the little weight loss ticker to the posts? I can't figure it out!
  • 419er
    419er Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    1 tbsp of low fat cream cheese is a condiment. Cocoa Powder and Vanilla Extract I think count as spices? I'm not really sure, I'm not anal about my add-ons though.

I'll admit it - I'm totally religious about counting every piece of everything that I use on this diet. It looks like we've had similar success so maybe that's a clue I should relax. Of course I'm 1.8lbs from goal - which I hope to hit next week - before I start to transition back to a full marathon training diet (whatever that looks like now...)