Welcome! And tell us why you are here!

Options
2»

Replies

• x3whitnee
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm slowly beginning to take off the weight I put on in college. They lied about the freshman 15... Its more like the freshman 40 now. I am typically notorious for working out several days a week for a month or so, and than just disappearing from the gym and going back to my normal ways. I work in a Mexican restaurant so it's hard to stick to a clean eating plan but I make do with what I can if I'm going to eat at work.

I'm a former competitive cheerleader and I just really want to get back into shape. My cousin is getting married at the end of June, so if that isn't some motivation than maybe the fact that bikini season is right around the corner will help!

I have a hard time staying motivated with workouts and eating healthy so if anyone wants to try and help motivate me, I won't be upset ;)
  • lucymillerdowning
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am excited about this. I have a 10 year highschool reunion coming up in September and I am going to the beach this summer and damnit I just had a baby a few weeks ago so I really need a group like this and a kick in the pants! I currently go to Planet fitness and love it and I am trying to figure out what my diet, oh sorry, life style change will be. In any case I am excited for this challenge.
  • Chococatte
    Chococatte Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you df1982 for rubbing the lamp and releasing the magic! The outer shell can sometimes fool everyone. My outer shell needs a new layer of confidence and I know the next 60 days will bring me that. Along with a New Polish of Confidence, I Will It to gain more Energy and Self Love. Without Self Love then it's all for not! Also, I'm 43 years old and I've never owned a Bikini. The Horror and Shame! I Want and Will a Beach Babe Worthy Body! No more one piece Jelly Bean Special, my body is looking forward to a New Brazilian Bikini Bombshell Special! Here's to a New State of Wonder and Jaw Dropping "Oh Yes She Did, & Can!"
  • laureneliset
    laureneliset Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm already a few months into a long term plan to change my eating and exercise habits and it's going really well so far. I have my exercise and eating plan sorted, it's totally sustainable and I enjoy both my meals and my workouts. However, there are certain things which derail me - lack of sleep is one of them, not drinking enough water is another, allowing myself to get too hungry between meals (especially when busy at work) is the third major one.

So, I just need that little bit of discipline to control these three factors and stick to my plan and this week-by-week challenge is both the perfect framework and the perfect timing. I'm returning home to see my family at the end of June for the first time in 6 months, so I want them to really notice a big difference. Like another poster said - I also want to have fun and take pictures and think of the happy memories rather than how fat I look in the photos.

Oh and Chococatte - I am firmly in the "I want an amazing bikini" club. I've head my eye on the Mazzy swimsuit from Agent Provocateur for years and if I successfully make it to the end of this challenge, my reward will be to buy myself one when I'm back in the UK!
  • Chococatte
    Chococatte Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Happy Day Laureneliset! I've found a fellow lover of Agent Provocateur, I've been salivating over there collections for years & have been told for years by my fellow peers that's not for you, but this year I'm going to do it! I'm in it to Win It with You! We Will Achieve Our Goals and We Will Live, Look, & Love, Fabulous after we are done! Plus Ooze Fabulosity Too! L.o.L. ????
  • Confidently
    Confidently Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    My big event is over July 4th. My boyfriend and his family meet up at his uncle's cabin in Hayward, Wisconsin.

*A little venting here, but maybe some of you will be able to relate. I have gone with my boyfriend on his summer vacation with his family for the last two summers. We have a great time, everyone is really nice to me and we all seem to get along. Or I should say almost everyone. My boyfriend's uncle (the successful one with the summer lake home) is pretty stand-off-ish toward me. I thought I was being paranoid the first year, but I have seen him give me "the look" several times, especially when on his boat and in a bathing suit (like I wasn't self-conscious enough already). I can feel him judging me for being obese. Admittedly, I am my own biggest critic, but something about his negative attention literally makes me feel less, less worthy. I want to get stronger, strong enough to stand up when trying to water ski ( he really judged me when I failed at that last year, thank god he decided to "show me how its done" and got up on the first try and skied all over the cove.) strong enough to enjoy each day actively and not need 3 hour naps daily. Strong enough to go for a run if I feel like it. Mentally strong enough to not feel insecure around the dreaded uncle.
    I hope I can use that as inspiration on the days I don't feel like following through.
  • Ramen237
    Ramen237 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Confidently - read your rant, and I feel so mad at the uncle on your behalf! :explode: :grumble: Some people just don't have a big heart to accept and love people for who they really are :( I'm sorry you have to put up with this behavior.

This quote often helps me keep my head held high when I feel judged: "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt

Stay strong, and work towards your goal! You're a unique individual with goals and aspirations to suit your way of life and way of thinking. That's something to cherish and something to be proud of! The uncle you are describing doesn't have the ability to relate to that in a positive way, so it's YOU who should feel bad for HIM.

Follow your dreams and act on what your heart tells you is right. Work hard and you will reach your goals and become a healthier you!!! :heart: Whereas the uncle will always remain a judgmental, unhappy person, if that's the way he chooses to treat his family members and fellow human beings.

@Chocolatte - I will ooze Fabulosity with you haha! :drinker:

@Laureneliset - Changing diet and exercise habits definitely takes time, but experience has shown that it is sooo worth it!!! I am certain you will look KILLER in that bikini :love:
  • discobarbie1971
    discobarbie1971 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi so glad I found this group as I just finished a 10 week challenge and found it really helped me. I'm going on holiday end of June so it would be lovely to shift another 14lbs.

During the last 10 weeks....

starting weight 250lbs now at 233lbs.....17lbs gone !

Chest. Started at 52", now 49".......-3"
    Waist started at 42" , now 40.5"....-1.5"
    Hips. Started 48.5" , now 45"......-3.5"
    Bicep started 14.5" , now 13.5"......-1"
    Thigh started 24.5" , now 23"......-1.5"
    Calf. Started 17" , now 16.5".......-0.5"

11" lost!

BMI started 33.9, now 31.6

Really proud and want to keep the momentum going!
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone...Congratulations to those who have started their weight loss journey and are achieving success. What is working for you? I am at a standstill..I gain and lose the same 3-5 lbs. over and over. I know we have to find what works but I am having a hard time getting into a consistent routine. Any ideas, thoughts will be appreciated. I am so tired of "being tired"!:wink::wink: Will we have specific challenges for the week?:flowerforyou:
    P.S. discobarbie...Way to go!
    Confindently...I have friends that don't invite us on their boat...I know my friend's hubby doesn't like "fat" people...life is too short to worry about those people....I guess I shouldn't call them "friends". Good luck to you...as long as you are loved by your bf don't worry about it!:heart:
  • Ramen237
    Options
    Hi Eava!

I got down to my last 15 or so pounds and like you I cannot budge the numbers!! :( What I'm trying now is just to ignore the scale (haven't weighed in in 2 weeks) and go with how my body feels. I have a hunch that part of why I can't lose the rest of the weight is because I get so psyched/anxious about finally being my goal weight that I either go overboard and limit my calories too much/overexercise OR I quit and binge because I'm scared of the possibility of gaining again... So I figure I need other motivations in my life besides the scale to make me lose the weight for the RIGHT reasons, instead of just a bunch of dumb numbers or "what people will think".

This might not work for you, but I'd also love to hear what you or other people on here are doing to help them lose weight or track how much they lost. It's like a part of me is trying to sabotage me, and I've got to outsmart it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Good luck! Keep calm and keep healthy :heart:
  • Eava57
    Options
    I can relate, Ramen237. Everyone is so different...what works for one person may not work for another. I have a crazy tummy and have to really watch what I eat. I am trying to eat more fruits and vegetables...I finally bought Kale last week...had a few green smoothies, not to bad. My problem is being consistent...I am working on it!:drinker:
    The scale can be my worst enemy...When my weight is up I am frustrated, when my weight is down I celebrate! LOL I was happy that my capris from last year still fit! Hang in there.:bigsmile:
  • Eava57
    Options
    Finally saw small loss-1.5...:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Ramen237
    Options
    Finally saw small loss-1.5...:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

BIG CONGRATS!!! :drinker: :heart:

That's exactly what I need too -- consistency. Sometimes I feel like I'm doing great, but then a bad day or week comes along, and I really struggle putting the pieces back together :( But I AM working on this. Each one of us is a work in progress, and we have to do our best with what we're given. We gotta stick with the people who give us support and make us feel good and pay no attention to the people that bring us down :)

We got one shot at this thing called life, and no matter how way we live it, it's going to be wonderful as long as we give it our absolute best!! :heart:

I'm happy to have you on my FL, Eava :flowerforyou:
  • Eava57
    Options
    I am trying very hard to stay on the positive..let go of what didn't work in the past. Every day is a new day. I just got home from a special dinner...our school received an award...I did choose the salmon and ate the chocolate mousse without guilt. LOL I will try to walk a little extra tomorrow!:heart: