help?

Options
Looking for some friends and inspiration.
My weight has been a struggle for many years, one that I've just lived with.

Now i'm newly married and we have struggled to have a baby.
I know being morbidly obese has a huge part of whats stopping this.

So I'm in this for the long haul, Loosing weight for myself, my husband, and most importantly for babies.

Any advice would be great, I have a particular struggle with fast food, chocolate and carbs.
I've already cut pop and fruit juice from my diet, drinking only water and unsweetened iced tea.
So please I would love lots of New Friends and Advice!! smile

Replies

• JJ48Fan
    JJ48Fan Posts: 50
    Options
    Good luck britthope14. It's been a lifelong struggle for me as well. I have been on and off MFP since 2009 and have had some ups and downs. I have a tendency to sabatage myself after I lose a little weight and poof my weight goes right back up. The fast food part is easy to overcome, google how they make that stuff and you won't want to eat it anymore. I tend to focus on the grease that is used to make the fast foods. Good luck with the CARBS that is my downfall! I could eat bread and pasta every day :(

I have finally given in and went with a medically supervised diet.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Hi... Welcome :flowerforyou:

I've posted this thru the 100+ lb forum...just some tips, thoughts, what I've done to get me to where I am now.

Take it slow. Small goals. One day, one pound, one step at a time.
    You didn't put all the weight on overnite, it's not going to come off overnite.
    Get a good digital food scale, measuring cups/spoons. Weigh and measure everything.
    Take your measurements and pictures too (I did not and I wish I had)
    I pre plan/pre log my meals/snacks in advance. I put a nice amount of cals/carbs for late snacks so I can adjust thru out the day (in case I eat something unplanned, or have seconds or forget something I ate)
    Before eating out, check out website for nutritional stats...again, pre log the fast food/restaurant meal then plan your eating around it.
    Drink water, drink even more water.
    When you do exercise, go easy especially if you are a couch potato like I am (I actually did not do much till I lost a nice chunk of weight)
    Take the calorie burn you will see MFP or exercise machines with a grain of salt, especially if you plan to eat most of them back.
    Add some buds that have open diaries, I find some great meal ideas and recipes from my buds (& i hate to cook)
    Read labels, take your time in the grocery, compare products before adding to your cart.
    It's a big endeavor but if you get and keep your mindset where it needs to be, you can do it.

And some more tips I've found useful:

-If you bite it, write it. No food is really free.
    -Mindful eating. Don't read or watch tv while eating. Pay attention to what goes into your mouth.
    - To deal with those cravings..just remember chocolate or whatever the current want is, is NOT going to be pulled off the shelves anytime soon. It WILL be there when you can safely trust yourself to eat it (and yes, those cravings will pass)
    -Speaking of cravings, before you cave in to them, is it worth the calories? will this satisfy me? can I just eat one? will I regret eating it?
    -Drink water before meals. It really does fill you up.
    - Dressings: Don't pour onto your salad, dip the fork tines into the dressing, then go into the greens.
    -Speaking of the fork, put it down between bites, don't have the fork already loaded with the next bite as you're chewing the first.
    - Before you go for a second helping, wait 20-30 minutes. Perhaps a piece of fruit will satisfy instead.
    - Goals, if you set them, set them small & manageable.

Good luck, you can do it.