Whole Chicken Recipes

Options
s0njas0n
s0njas0n Posts: 18 Member
I bought a whole chicken last week and it's in the freezer at the moment, however, I plan to prepare it probably this upcoming weekend, any suggestions on Recipes? I've never cooked a whole chicken before.

Replies

• Jayne19099
    Jayne19099 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hey! I did this the other week and it wasw amazing!

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chicken-recipes/perfect-roast-chicken

It was pretty easy too. Best of luck!
  • s0njas0n
    Options
    sounds good and I keep most of those ingredients on hand
  • s0njas0n
    Options
    Tried this last night..... Soooo good
  • Starstamp
    Starstamp Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This recipe looks good,:smile: I think I will try it this weekend.

Thanks for sharing!

Star
  • Starstamp
    Starstamp Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Now I'm definitely going to try it.
  • megan_elizabeth8
    megan_elizabeth8 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I like to do it in the slow cooker with salt, it comes out really nice and tender and it makes a delicious stock for chicken soup at the same time! :smile:
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    When I make them I just spray olive oil spray on and rub seasonings on and roast a couple hours in an electric roaster made for bigger turkeys.
  • alska
    alska Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    ohhh my favorite. i don't use recipes when i make mine. i do it all sorts of ways. my favorite is fresh rosemary n garlic. Pull the skin up from the breast part n stick in the fresh rosemary n chopped garlic ... then brush the whole chicken with olive oil ... you can cut up a lemon, orange or an apple up n put it inside of the cavity with more garlic.

you can do all sorts of things with whole chickens n they are the cheapest way to buy chicken ... so i say buy one a week n go at it ... try it all differant ways :)
  • ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I love a simply roasted chicken. Coat the chicken with a little olive oil so that the skin crisps up and season with salt, pepper, your favorite seasoning. Stuff the cavity with onion, garlic, salt, pepper and any other herb or spice you like.

The trick is to cook the chicken on high heat and on a rack. I'm talking 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about an hour or more depending on the size of the chicken. You want the skin crispy and the meat starting to pull away from the bone - no blood, that grosses me out! Yum Yum!
  • Allmyusernamesaretakengeeze
    Options
    If you happen to have a larger sized rice cooker I can guarantee moist chicken every time. Cooking a chicken this way also keeps the oven from heating up your oven.

Ingredients

1 2-3 lb chicken
    2 small onions, peeled
    1 lemon
    2 sprigs rosemary
    2 tblsp melted butter or olive oil
    salt and pepper

Cut each onion in half and place flat side down in the bottom of your rice cooker. Cut lemon in half and stuff inside the chicken with the rosemary.

Coat the chicken liberally with melted butter or olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place chicken in your rice cooker atop the sliced onions.

Set to White Rice. When your rice cooker beeps check chicken for doneness, cycling again if necessary.

Tip: If you prefer a crispier skin put chicken under the broiler for 5-10 minutes.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Great ideas thanks!
  • Allmyusernamesaretakengeeze
    Options
    Cooking a chicken this way also keeps the oven from heating up your oven.

Wow, edit fail. House!, I meant HOUSE!