Blue Challenge - May 5th : Introduce yourselves here

Options
shimpimfp
shimpimfp Posts: 1 Member
Hi all,

Since we are having trouble finding one another, we can all add a comment here so it's easier to add to your friends' list. Please introduce yourselves here. I'm Smitha, I'm a new mom and currently on a bonding leave. I am so grateful to Tiffany for running this challenge. Just what I needed at this time. I'm so happy to find such good support here. Cheers everyone!

Replies

• jamiesteen
    jamiesteen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am new to this challenge but I am so excited. Everything about it makes me feel good like I can be successful. I am 45 year old mother of three girls and grandmother of three girls. I love life and people and I want to feel better about myself. I started working nights the same year that I turned 40. I am more over weight than I have ever been and none of my old quick fixes work anymore. I need a lifestyle change and this challenge is the perfect way to learn some good habits and meet new friends! A Win Win!!
  • Jenna_bug720
    Options
    I am so glad you thought of this! What a brilliant solution to the problem of not being able to find anyone. I am super excited to be in this challenge with all of you! This is my first challenge and I am looking forward to growing as a person while shrinking in mass hahaha. ok enough with the cheesy jokes. I'm excited to "meet" all of you!
  • dreiarock
    dreiarock Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am so excited to be a part of this challenge. I am in serious need of a lifestyle makeover! I really feel like I am in a good place to finally make positive changes. I have an 18 mo daughter whom I love to pieces. I grew up in Utah, but have since moved to Vancouver Island - I love it here! :happy:
  • maevankayt
    maevankayt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Heather and I'm so excited to start this challenge. I am a busy mom to 2 year old Liam in Ottawa, Ontario. I gained a lot of weight in pregnancy (and was overweight before hand). I managed to lose most of it breastfeeding, but then gained it all back thanks to my antidepressants (treating my post partum depression). I am really excited to not only get in better shape, but to improve my nutrition, my spirituality and my life :D
  • wildorchid985
    Options
    Hi all!

I am So excited to have discovered this wonderful group, and I am looking forward to some positive changes!

About Me:
    Mom of 1 little boy (4yrs). I lost the baby weight a couple years ago, but it slowly crept back on due to a very stressful job, and some binge-eating behavior. I am trying to take this journey 1 day at a time, and lose the weight for good.

Why I want to get in shape:
    I want to feel better in life in general. I don't enjoy feeling like a stuffed sausage in my clothing, and I don't want food to rule my life. I am seeking more energy, freedom, control, and happiness!

Looking forward to seeing everyone's progress!
    Gina
  • Michelegg
    Michelegg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What a terrific idea. It's so nice to put faces with names and to share with each other this great experience. I'm Michele, I'm 51 and from Eagle Mountain, Utah. I have 7 children, all are grown but my youngest son who is almost 12. I have 4 sweet little Grandkids. The reason I joined the challenge is to find some balance in my life. I find myself solely focusing on weight all the time, to the point that it drives everything out of my life and I have become very antisocial. I want to change and I've found that focusing on other things besides the scale and how I look has really helped me discover who I truly want to be for the rest of my life. I have gone swimming with my Grandkids, out to dinner with my husband and his colleagues and on a business trip with my husband all since I started the program. Those are things I had stopped doing or would never in a million years do. So I'm so grateful for the changes I've already seen happen and the way I'm feeling. Of course it doesn't hurt that my pants are loose too. :) and that I can now do an hour of LesMills BodyCombat, which really rocks!

And I'm not part of the Blue Challenge, I'm a Greenie, hope you don't mind that I kind of crashed your party.
  • jamiesteen
    Options
    I think it's awesome! We all need all of the love and support we can get! That includes "greenies"!
  • jamiesteen
    Options
    It is great to meet you! Good luck! I think we are going to really have fun!!
  • melissagifford
    melissagifford Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Melissa Akinyooye. I am a happy 31 year old mother of 2 amazing boys. Last year I remarried and my husband and I are now trying to have at least one more baby. I have been overweight all of my life, sometimes more than others. Right now I am 5 pounds short of the heaviest I have ever been. I am super excited to do this challenge. I have been trying unsuccessfully to lose weight for years. At times I have been so frustrated with myself because I can't seem to find anything I can stick to. Then my awesome friend challenged me to do this 8 week challenge with her. At first I was anything but thrilled, I thought oh great something else I will fail at, but then I read about it and I was shocked to find that it was something I could do, no wanted to do. I know it will be hard but it is realistic. I love that you work on all of yourself, not just your fat. I love how positive it is and how great I am feeling after 3 full days of doing it. I think this time I found something I can stick to. :)
  • bigsby2009
    bigsby2009 Posts: 1
    Options
    My name is Brenda. I am 34 and have 7 boys ranging from 14 to 6 months in age. I went through a divorce in 2008, and was around 180-190 pounds. I had never thought of myself as thin, so when I dropped to 135 pounds within a few months of my divorce, it actually scared me a little. I wasn't watching what I was eating, nor exercising everyday...it just came off naturally. I remarried in 2010 and had a baby in 2011. My weight came back on and I was determined to lose my pregnancy weight. After I finished nursing, I joined Sparkpeople and started exercising to Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30 and started running on my treadmill. I lost about 15-20 pounds but still had another 20 to go. I then got pregnant with my last son and the pregnancy weight came back on. I am now nursing but my weight has continued to creep back up. A friend of mine told me about this challenge after she had lost a bunch of her baby weight. She told me that nursing moms can do this challenge, so I decided to join. I am so excited to be a part of this!
  • kerrkarl
    kerrkarl Posts: 1
    Options
    I meant to write on here earlier, but not being on the computer as much is part of one of my goals. :)
    I'm Karlee. I'm 26 years old and the mother of 2 awesome kids. My son is 4 and my daughter is 19 months. I recently had a miscarriage, and it really made me take a look at my life and realize all of the areas that I need to improve in. I am excited to be part of this challenge that works on many of these areas. I have found in the past that I can do well at improving one area, but then when I meet that goal and move on to another goal, the first one always gets neglected. So I'm glad that this challenge will help me work on all areas at the same time, which will help me make this a lifestyle and not just a challenge.
  • CountryJoy45
    Options
    I didn't even know that we had a Feel Great in 8 discussion board here on MFP! :)
    Karlee, I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I know the heartache.

Most of you have probably seen me on our Facebook group page. My name is Joy. I will be 48 in July. I have 7 children and 6 grandchildren. We will have two more grandchildren in October. My husband and I will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary in December. Four of our children are married, with three of them living close by and one living 2000 miles away, in Canada. Our 18 year old son (almost 19) is on a church mission in Paraguay. We still have two children living at home, a 13 year old daughter and a 9 year old son.

My husbands mother lives with us part time. We share care taking duties with my husband's oldest brother, trading every other month having her live with us. She is in the advanced stages of Alzheimer's. I also run our business from a home office. We build wind generators for home electric production and we also teach wind and solar power workshops. I also am the nursery leader at church, with two nurseries and several teachers that I am charge of.

As you can see I stay very busy and have always spent my life taking care of everyone else. At the end of last year my friend Rebecca mentioned that she was going to do this challenge. I checked it out and knew that it was what I needed. I feel so much better now that I also focus on taking care of myself.

I am excited to get to know all of you and to work together to improve our health, energy and happiness levels together as we learn to do what is best for our lives. Taking care of ourselves is also important to our families. We can't give to others if our own cup is empty.