What's your incentive?

Options
daciajackson1
daciajackson1 Posts: 10 Member
At the end of this five weeks I am coaching 5 athletes a national championship in Florida! It is very important to me to look fit and professional. I also want to be comfortable on the beach and just enjoy myself. Stay focused on your goal because all the little steps add up- every choice matters!

Replies

• RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    My short term incentive is a wedding....a very upscale wedding in Charleston, Nortch Carolina. I am not particularly comfortable around wealthy people and having this extra weight on just makes me feel more uncomfortable. I have this terrible vision of me walking in and being surrounded with a bunch of women that could be featured on Housewives of Miami!! I don't want to be the "frumpy" one. I found a beautiful dress and would love to have 10 pounds off and my arms more toned.

My long term incentive is my 50th birthday that is headed my way and will be arriving at the end of September. I want to feel great and look great to bring that nasty birthday in!!!! On the less vein side, I just became a grandmother and want to live to see this baby grow old!!!
  • Tony3779
    Tony3779 Posts: 2
    Options
    My short term is to lose another 10 pounds before seeing my brother. I haven't seen him in almost 10 years... he is Army and I am helping him move his stuff cross country. He has really transformed himself too, so I want to show him I can do the same instead of being a slacker.

Long term is getting under 200... something I haven't been since High School. My other brother made a comment a few weeks ago "What happened to you... You used to be the fit athletic one"... even though it was in jest, it still stuck... and it made me question "Yeah... what did happen..." along with "You had me confused with John (the other brother)..." but still... I was never this out of shape... time to get out and do something about it.
  • jocelynkay01
    jocelynkay01 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    short term would be a car show I am featured in this coming july. I also have a fitness competition in October for WBFF. this will be my first WBFF competition and I want to go into it knowing im prepared and have done my best.

long term would be to have a lifestyle change. I use to the be the skinny fat girl. I was small and weighed 115 lbs but had high body fat %. I want to be able to maintain around 125 and stay fit. After my rebound from my first competition I am struggling to get my weight down and get back to a maintenace level.
  • camoani
    camoani Posts: 14
    Options
    My incentive is to lose weight and feel healthier. I've been struggling with lupus, osteo, etc. The weight gain has not helped. I want to feel comfortable in my skin and not have chronic pain!
  • daciajackson1
    daciajackson1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Love this goal Jocelyn! There are so many ways out there to rapidly lose weight. But a lifestyle changes the only way to make it permanent. It sounds like after your last competition your body did not know how to handle any carbs anymore. Keep up the good work. You can do this!