Weight Loss Hoping Labor Sign?

Options
spunkychelsea
spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
So even though this is my third pregnancy I apparently still don't know what's going on! :laugh:

I went overdue with my first two. With my son I was induced and I was showing like no signs of going into labor. 11 days late they induced me, came 2 days later. My daughter when I was 4 days overdue I dropped and had pink discharge and woke up 2 days later in labor.

This one? I dropped like a week and a half ago. Nothing. I'm only 38+4 though. Hoping not to go crazy overdue. More and more symptoms but one I didn't get the second time around? Weight loss. My other two I was gaining 1-4 lbs a week. Within the last two days I've been eating normally (I track and have been eating the same amount of calories) and I've dropped 2.4 lbs. I'm not concerned I know weight can vary, but hoping it means I'll go into labor anytime. I KNOW I'll have the baby in the next 3 weeks or so, just wondering if anyone has experienced this? If so how long did it take for you to go into labor? I've googled and it said weight loss of 1-3 is a prelabor sign usually a week or so before (here's hoping!)

Replies

• HeyNikkita
    HeyNikkita Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    No experience in this area but just wanted to send positive labor vibes your way! :)
  • hiba_84
    hiba_84 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have not had this sign with my first. I was constantly gaining 2-3 lbs per week till the day I delivered. Good luck to you.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I gained the most in the last month and defineitly wasn't losing anything close to labor (had my biggest weight jump 2 days before she was born.
    I have never heard of it being a sign of labor, but it sounds like a good symptom to me.
    Here's hoping you have your baby soon and don't go over due again.
  • spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Well, I gained it all back and more this weekend thanks to Mother's Day treats, and no baby yet. Apt today and nothing had changed, so I guess it was just wishful thinking!

Thanks for the replies ladies. I too gained the most weight the week of/week before birth. Maybe I should start stuffing my face!

<3