Back at it, Again

Options
msanna73
msanna73 Posts: 1 Member
Hello All,

I've been on MFP for a while now and successfully lost 35 of the 50 I initially set out to lose. Well, after a few curve balls, guess who is back at the I have to lose 50 lbs mark again? (Raises hand). I decided this time to join some groups to help keep me encouraged. So, here I am ... 41, 50 lbs too heavy, and not giving up.

Replies

• lmjblues
    lmjblues Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hello!! Welcome!! Glad you joined our group. 40's aren't so bad. We are armed with lots of years of knowledge. We just have to act on what we know. hee...

We can do this!! Feel free to add me if ya like.

Good luck in your journey!!

Lisa
  • thedjnoble
    thedjnoble Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow I thought I was ready my own story. I also lost 35 lbs just a few months ago. But unfortunately fell back into the same routine and I find myself needing to lose 50 lbs again! But I now know that it can be done. have a great day! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    It's so easy to fall into a rut. For me, this winter was brutal and gained a few pounds. Now that nicer weather is hear, I'm ready to exercise and watch what I eat. Friend me if you'd like.
  • MichelleB69
    MichelleB69 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! :)
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'm there with you! My fitness plan got derailed by a surgery than a bout with kidney stones. I was just released by my doctor to begin exercising again - low & slow as she said, but I have the green light to more than just a casual walk - yahoo! Send me a friends request - we'll keep each other motivated.

~Patti
  • AWorth10
    AWorth10 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, from one returning member to another! I just keep telling myself; it's not how many times I fall, it's how many times I get back up!

Feel free to friend me.
  • Angelmom919
    Angelmom919 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am starting again too! Please add me if you like!
  • hurleyml9
    hurleyml9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I am back on the bandwagon again too :) this looks like a fun group and thank you for letting me be a part of it.
  • charmensah
    charmensah Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    you can do it and don't feel bad. I started the year off right, watching what I ate and exercising I even joined a gym. Guess who's slacking and gained 5 pounds back. we can do it.
  • peepsqueek
    peepsqueek Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

I have also been away for a couple of months but back again and more determined than ever to lose a few pounds :)
    48 years young and not willing to let that get the best of me, mentally I feel like I am 25 and that's my story and im sticking to it lol

You are all welcome to add me :)
  • jaychick
    jaychick Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm another back at it member. I weigh more than when I started but I am determined to be healthy! We can do it!
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm back after 10 months. I gained 30 of 92 I lost. Pretty pissed off at myself. Damn break up. But I have found new hope . We can do this again. Peace
  • wdarling712
    Options
    I'm back at it, also! The normal 8-10 lb winter gain never really left me for any length of time last summer. Add another 5-7 lbs to that this past winter and I had more weight to lose than I've had in a while.

It's been about 2 weeks and I've got about 8-11 left. I'm also trying this community/friend feature for the first time and it's really helping! It feels much less lonely knowing there are others who are also in the trenches, making sacrifices and working hard. Especially 40+ - it's a lot harder to diet these days!

Good luck, and please add me if you'd like!