new to this group

Options
Hi, I just joined myfitnesspal :) I am 5'4" and currently hover around 132 lbs, I was at 137 lbs but have lost it over the course of the past 3 months due to exercise and good eating. I was 115 lbs two years ago, but of course the college lifestyle effected my weight! I'm only looking to lose about 12 lbs, and feel like I am stuck! I exercise everyday, eat clean, but can't seem to go below 130. I don't want to starve myself or exercise like crazy! Does anyone have any helpful hints or tips that worked for them? :)

Replies

• teresand77
    teresand77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi Bri, we are almost exactly the same weight and height. I weigh about 135 now but go anywhere between 130 and 138. I am the same height as you. How long did you stay at 115? I am asking because in college for a year or so I was on basically a starvation diet and weighed 115 but it wasn't realistic for me. Now I lift weights and am actually much leaner than I was in college but weigh a lot more.

Teresa
  • micheleburnard1
    Options
    I'm also new to myfitnesspal and I found it very helpful to drink lots of water and I don't know if your into this or not but have you ever tried anything that is designed to cleanse your system because it might help, I know it helped me and I am grateful for it. (:
  • sunsoakeddreamer
    sunsoakeddreamer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I am in the same boat, 5'4" 130lbs, and I hear you, I just don't think I'll ever weigh below 125 again. I think that's ok though!
    Teresa- I'm totally with you, I've focused on toning instead of losing. I've been much more sedentary since leaving college and noticing a lot of.. jiggle.. even though the scale didn't go up all that much.
    Bri- are their areas that you're trying to change? (For me it's these thundah thighs and bat wings!) You might try mixing up your exercise, like if you're a treadmill girl, go for a swim or take a cardio kickboxing or zumba class instead. Keep your body guessing and using different muscles.
    and Michele- idk why I find drinking water so hard but I know you're right lol
    Any one feel free to friend me :)
  • jamerz1482
    jamerz1482 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! I am new to this group, but I have been a MFP user on and off for the past couple of years. This past year has been the worst for my weight. I gained around 8 lbs. I think this is largely due to the fact that I started a nursing position that had me rotating between days and nights which took me awhile to get my normal eating schedule down. I am now in more control and ready to get this weight off. I am 5'2" and currently weigh 137lbs. Hoping to get back down to around 125 again.....hoping. Just started a protein shake replacement diet this Monday and so far so good. Can't wait to log in more often and use this group as my motivation and get some great tips/advice to help me along my journey as well as share some tips and advice that had helped me from time to time.
  • milanibriscoe
    Options
    I am trying to fill up on liquids mostly water, some coffee and tea, even less soy milk even less fruit/veggie juice... then last comes food lol That's my tip to offer. I've always had all this muscle mass and I thought it wasn't possible for my weight to dip below 150 but this morning I weighed in at 147 woo woo:)