Starting Preop diet tomorrow!!

Options
2»

Replies

• flychigyal
    flychigyal Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi! Me too! I start my pre-op diet tomorrow, surgery date is 5/21. Excited!
  • trinity9058
    trinity9058 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Welcome!
  • dcc56
    dcc56 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm new here to this board.
    I am on day ten of the two week pre-op diet.
    My surgery is next Monday, May 12th.
    I work with the HealthEast Bariatric Care group in St. Paul, Minnesota.
    The two week diet for me is a protein shake for each meal plus Progresso Light Soups, sugar free apple sauce, 100 calorie greek yogurt, SF Jello, V8 Fusion Light, V8 Juice, Tomato Soup with the green label, SF popsicles,
    Cream of Wheat cereal for breakfast and a few other foods. Main goal is three meals a day plus one snack with no more than 1000 calories...and a very low carb menu. The first three days were tough but I will not starve! Hardest part is watching TV commercials about food or smelling the foods my partner makes in the oven.
    I am looking forward to these life changing events. I have learned if I just do what my clinic tells me to do everything goes fine! Feel free to Friend me. I'll be off work for three weeks in recovery mode. -David
  • trinity9058
    Options
    I hate those commercials!! It feel like that's all that's on tv sometimes. Welcome David!
  • itsdreday
    itsdreday Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Have you talked to your diabetes doc? I'm diabetic too and my doc cut my meds way back during my pre-op diet phase.

This is good advice, my blood sugar went from around 300 to 70 within a couple weeks of surgery. The change in your body is dramatic and exacerbated if you're still taking the meds while your blood sugar is low/normal.
  • ujuoba
    ujuoba Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome David!
  • sjd06e
    sjd06e Posts: 3
    Options
    Just checking in to see how everyone's pre op diets are going or how the surgery went if you've had it yet!

I am on day 5 of my pre op diet, surgery is next Friday. I have to admit, it's not terrible, but I am feeling extremely tired and drained. I know it's just my body getting used to it, but I hope it happens soon. I am on a mostly meal replacement diet 3x a day plus a sugar free snack or two, equaling out at 1000 calories.

I know it is going to be worth it, and this is a life long change...so that is what keeps me motivated!

How is everyone else doing? Or if you're new, feel free to share!
  • trinity9058
    Options
    I had surgery a week ago today and it's going well. I decided to take an extra week off of work because I am napping in the middle of the day and I didn't want to give that up yet lol. I have lost 8 lbs since surgery, which is amazing! I'm feeling pretty good but I cannot weight until I get to the soft food stage. I desperately need something beside broth, jello, pudding, and protein shakes. Only one more week to go!