Challenges faced on the journey

Options
catruledquilter
catruledquilter Posts: 48 Member
I had what I call a "see food diet" day. I went way over on calories. I had gotten some unhappy news yesterday and, without even thinking about it, turned to food. It's just one day. Tomorrow will be better. Now I know to THINK so I can reduce or avoid emotional eating.

Replies

• nycc111
    nycc111 Posts: 17
    Options
    I had what I call a "see food diet" day. I went way over on calories. I had gotten some unhappy news yesterday and, without even thinking about it, turned to food. It's just one day. Tomorrow will be better. Now I know to THINK so I can reduce or avoid emotional eating.

I totally understand this. Sorry about the news you got. I just went through the most stressful time of my life. My mom was diagnosed with lung cancer and that messed me up in every possible way. I wasn't sleeping well, working out wouldn't even cross my mind, I ate anything that would come to sight... sigh.. gained almost 10 pounds in 2 months! My mom is cured now, the doctors were able to remove the tumor surgically and she's 100% clean :D
    Anyhow, I did read this article back when things were rough and it helped me, maybe you can find it useful. Gives you tips on how to stop emotional eating. I'm glad you recognized the problem and guess what... Tomorrow you're gonna be amazing! Lots of water and eat healthy.
    http://www.helpguide.org/life/emotional_eating_stress_cravings.htm
  • Dregg
    Dregg Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry about the stress eating, sometimes food is good comfort. Just focus on the days ahead and not on "see food" day. I had a real rough day at work the other day, next thing I knew I was at Taco Bell. I felt better, but disappointed at the same time.

NYCC111, Awesome your mom is 100% clean. That rocks!!
  • bradleyjason13
    bradleyjason13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It happens to all of us. There are so many things that trigger us to eat to soothe ourselves. You just have to give into it for a day and get back on track the next day.
  • catruledquilter
    catruledquilter Posts: 48 Member
    Options

I totally understand this. Sorry about the news you got. I just went through the most stressful time of my life. My mom was diagnosed with lung cancer and that messed me up in every possible way. I wasn't sleeping well, working out wouldn't even cross my mind, I ate anything that would come to sight... sigh.. gained almost 10 pounds in 2 months! My mom is cured now, the doctors were able to remove the tumor surgically and she's 100% clean :D
    Anyhow, I did read this article back when things were rough and it helped me, maybe you can find it useful. Gives you tips on how to stop emotional eating. I'm glad you recognized the problem and guess what... Tomorrow you're gonna be amazing! Lots of water and eat healthy.
    http://www.helpguide.org/life/emotional_eating_stress_cravings.htm

NYCC111: That is awesome about your Mom!! She's definitely one of the lucky ones. My mom was a 20 year breast cancer survivor when it came back and was in her pancreas. She made it to 82.

Thanks for the link! I'll go read it now!