May 9 - Weigh In

Options
kimjutjor
kimjutjor Posts: 387 Member
I posted a great loss finally. 2.8 pounds this week after a stall on my losses for a couple of weeks due to a death in my immediate family. I have started back with my exercise this week and am feeling like I am fully back in the game again. Hopefully, your week is going well and you have pushed yourself to meet some goals and are seeing the results you were hoping for. Hang in there!!!!

Replies

• shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I should be able to post a modest loss tomorrow. I've been a bit laid back on the intake as well as exercise. We'll see tomorrow morning.
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I posted a great loss finally. 2.8 pounds this week after a stall on my losses for a couple of weeks due to a death in my immediate family. I have started back with my exercise this week and am feeling like I am fully back in the game again. Hopefully, your week is going well and you have pushed yourself to meet some goals and are seeing the results you were hoping for. Hang in there!!!!
    Sorry for your loss of a family member.
  • Frayde
    Frayde Posts: 321 Member
    Options

I am so sorry for your loss. Take good care.
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.

Down 1.2lb this week. Getting back to my workouts really helped :)

Original starting weight: 177
    Challenge starting weight: 162
    Current weight: 154.8
    Challenge goal weight: 135

4/4/14: 162
    4/11/14: 159.4
    4/18/14: 158.6
    4/25/14: 156.4
    Total April Loss: 5.6lb
    5/02/14 : 156
    08/02/14: 154.8
    Total May Loss: 1.6lb
  • meganmoore112
    meganmoore112 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Original SW: 149
    Challenge SW: 143.3
    CW: 144.1

5/1/14: 144.1
    5/9/14: 143.2

Finally! I'm still losing at way slower a rate than I want to. I generally eat no more than 1500-1600 calories per day and according to Fitbit I burn 1900-2000 most days. Common sense tells me I'm still eating too much. I must still be off by 100+ calories per day. I want to try eating less, like 1300-1400 but it's so hard.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Well I had a heck of a loss this week (-4.5), in fact, it's the biggest loss in a week I've had. I think I overreacted to my binge last week and really was eating too little (<1200), I'm also not sure if this is a bit of dehydration as well. Since I have a couple birthday cakes to work on this week I suspect I'll have a bounce. I'll be happy at least today. I've been working harder at weights the last few months so with the weight I've lost in that time I'm starting to see more definition in the muscle area, my boys are telling me I'm getting abs (NSV)! I remain skeptical.:huh:

Based on Shmu's brilliant spreadsheet, we are nearly 39% of the way to Independence. Let's all make May a big success one week at a time. The results coming in so far are pretty typical, like any endurance event, it's all about keeping a steady pace--one pound at a time.

I'm really enjoying reading the posts on our group's page--we have some great members that share their stories and support others. I invite those that have not posted to weigh-in (get it?) on the threads, your story helps others and the act of telling it helps you.

Happy Mothers Day

Mule
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Today's weigh in reveals I am close my low weight from two Friday's ago (within .2 lbs).

I think I was dehydrated in that weigh in. I assure you that I'm not this week as I have been pumping water to deal with allergies and my lack of movement from intense all day most of the night grading sessions. So, real weight loss!

I am joining an exercise challenge that starts next week with trying to get back in to some serious exercise (more than just a few weight sessions and lots of walking) now that the semester is winding down to a reasonable to-do list.

Happy mother's day to all the moms out there!
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    As I expected, I managed a small loss of 1 pound. I guess I can't complain after the loss I had last week.

Congrats to Mule for leading the pack!
  • KMasz
    KMasz Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    SW = 167 (01/2013)
    CW = 131.0 (04/04/2014)
    UGW: 120.0 (by 12/31/2014)
    Independence Challenge GW: 124.0 (7 lbs loss = 0.54 lb/wk)

April Weigh-ins:
    04/04 = 131.0
    04/11 = 127.0 (4.0 lb loss)
    04/18 = 128.6 (1.6 lb gain)
    04/25 = 131.4 (2.8 lb gain)
    April total = 0.4 lb gain

May Weigh-ins:
    05/02 = 130.2 (1.2 lb loss)
    05/09 = 129.4 (0.8 lb Loss)
    05/16 =
    05/23 =
    05/30
    May total = 2.0 lb loss

yey! slowly coming back down. I'm still not at my lowest from a little over a month ago, but I'll get there slowly. I have loosely started logging my food again, aka I am logging everything I eat but not really sticking to a calorie goal... but this will change come Monday when another challenge (MFP Hunger Games) begins and I will be sticking to a 2165 calorie goal (TDEE minus 250 calories)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I am down almost another pound. I suspect I will gain that back after this weekend.
  • Shaky44
    Shaky44 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    SW: 254
    GW: 235

4/11: 252
    4/18: 254
    4/25: 257
    5/2: 250
    5/9: 245

I have the strangest weight fluctuations. I know I was a bit bloated a few weeks ago coming off Easter celebrations, but it's a little ridiculous to be down that much in a few weeks. I've been eating right at my calorie goal and my exercise has been less than usual, if anything. I know I'm not dehydrated as I drank almost a gallon of water yesterday.

The way I have to look at this is that I've lost 9 lbs in five weeks, which is a normal number. All the interim weigh-ins are BS. :)
  • TurboTam
    TurboTam Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm down not quite a half of a pound, I'll take it!
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Beautiful day in Kansas!! So very rare - all walking is outside :bigsmile:

Original SW: 272.1
    Challenge SW: 259.4
    Challenge GW: 244.4
    CW: 251.1
    Challenge loss: 8.3
    4/11/14: 255.6
    4/18/14: 254.8
    4/25/14: 253
    5/2/14: 255
    5/9/14: 251.1

I want today's numbers to be the same on Monday - I know we are being taken out at least twice this week-end for Mother's Day. But, I will make good choices!!

Everyone have a great week-end.
  • TurboTam
    TurboTam Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I want today's numbers to be the same on Monday - I know we are being taken out at least twice this week-end for Mother's Day. But, I will make good choices!!

Me too! I'm having a Mother's Day lunch with my kids and a huge Italian dinner at my mom's for all of the Mother's in the family and I'm already having panic attacks! LOL Time to pull out the extra willpower!!!
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I'm down a pound. My fitbit, mfp and ticker are all messed up.
  • mommahix
    mommahix Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I plead the fifth this week :happy: :tongue:

Teacher appreciation week was well celebrated in my daycare and well I really did forget to step on the scale this morning...(something I rarely forget to do).....oh well I will post my weight soon but i probably won't be happy with it or myself....:embarassed:
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Kim, sending prayers your way!!! :flowerforyou:

SW: 194 12/7/13
    CSW: 129
    GW: 125

April:
    4/4: 129
    4/11: 129 (0)
    4/18: 129 (0)
    4/25: 127 (-2)

May:
    5/2: 127 (0)
    5/9: 127 (0)

Happy again that I didn't gain. I haven't logged for about a week and have eaten everything in sight. Mother's Day arrived in the mail today. :smile: :smile: :sad: :smile: A bag of Poppycock, PayDay candy bars, 1,ooo Grand candy bars, and 1 lb. bag of pistachios!!! I'm in deep doo doo!!!

Exercise has been minimal, except for walking, I haven't been doing much. I need to get myself in gear and get movin'.
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss!

I am still sitting at the same weight but I'm not too worried. I've been definitely eating in a deficit but I have been weight training, so I just need to be patient and let my body do what it needs to do. :smile:
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    CW: 140.4
    GW: 123

April 4: 140.4
    11: 140.2
    18: 138.4
    25: 138.4

May 2: 137.4
    9: 137

Total loss this challenge is 3 pounds so far. I was hoping for a pound a week but at least its going down. On a more positive note, I have lost a little in inches and my jeans are loser. My walking pace is also getting a little faster. Even though my progress doesn't show up that much on the scale, there is progress.