Hi everyone, I'm new

Options
SophiaSilfaery
SophiaSilfaery Posts: 19 Member
Hi everyone,

I'm Sophia, in NZ via the UK. Had a lifelong crappy diet but have been thinking a lot about food and nutrition for a long time. Finally decided to give Paleo a go about 2.5 weeks ago and this morning I got on the scales and was below 80kgs for the first time in a long, long, long time. I literally squeaked with joy.

I'm sort of pinching myself. I've eaten sugar and processed stuff for so long I should be finding this harder, but I'm not. This way of eating seems to work for me and it feels so good. I think I'll wind up more primal than paleo, I've never had issues with dairy and I've found a nice source of organic cheese and butter so adding that in to keep up my fat/calories after a few weeks of being pretty strict.

This feels awesome. My health conscious friend doesn't quite believe I'm the same person.

Replies

• nickymaire
    nickymaire Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi Sophia

I'm from NZ but sadly living in Auz (I miss home). I've been primal since 2012. Best thing I ever did. I what city/town are you in? There's a few paleo friendly places in Auckland. Feel free to add me :)
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Congrats, on the lifestyle change and the weight loss.
  • primalkiwi
    primalkiwi Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi Sophia - another Kiwi here (Nelson) :-) Great to see you are getting positive results with your lifestyle change! Just curious what organic cheese and butter you have found here? Feel free to add me as a friend if you like :-)
  • SophiaSilfaery
    SophiaSilfaery Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Primal :)

I found a shop called Piko Wholefoods in Chch, I'll admit I haven't done a lot more than read the labels to check the ingredients and trusted them when they've said organic on the label but for now that will do me.