Where do i begin?L...anyone care to help a sister out?

Options
Hi Ladies,

I bought the book, i belong to a decent gym and I want to do this program, but I am totally confused as to what my routine should be?

I would reeeeeeeeeally appreciate some help, I know most of you are way ahead of me and you may have no patience for me.
I'm hoping someone out there remembers her first week?

A bit about me: 47 5'5 163lbs recent weight gain....formerly in good shape up until about 2010, when i weighed 140lbs

I've got a 1500 calorie food plan that i'm following, have been doing some light cardio and abdominal work.

Thanks again!

Elida

Replies

• sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Hello,

This thread should answer your questions. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1069910-confused-on-stage-1

Jen
  • marieann82
    marieann82 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Also, download the Werkit workout sheets for NROL4W. It helps a lot. You'll need to answer a few questions in order to download them--you'll just need your book handy.

http://werkit.com/programs/nrol4w
  • marieann82
    marieann82 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend, too. I am just starting Workout 5, Stage 1 so I am not too far into the program, yet.
  • glreim21
    glreim21 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I just photocopied the blank workout sheets from the book (I didn't know about the werkit downloads available, I would recommend these instead). I read through the exercises in that first workout, photocopied the picture and description of the exercise, took a deep breath and went to the gym with my photocopies and pencil in hand. The first few times were a bit awkward but then you get used to the moves. Good luck!
  • ElidaBravo
    ElidaBravo Posts: 41
    Options
    Thank you Ladies, I will be doing the copying and bringing with me to the gym. Oh, i am so awkward in the gym, it could be a comedy skit.

I will follow each of your recommendations.

ELida
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Plan your lifts and write them out on the sheet before you get to the gym, that should help with some of the akwardness as you won't be making stuff up as you go along. Do the warm up (RANGE). Good luck and have fun!