HELP!!

Options
Please can someone post some advice and support on what to do when your about to binge.....I'm so close!!! HELP PLEASE??

Replies

• nics1802
    nics1802 Posts: 3
    Options
    Help!! any tips or tricks about how to stop a binge in its tracks so you dont break the diet too badly...??
  • nics1802
    nics1802 Posts: 3
    Options
    we should have a thread to a conversation n open dicussions, what to do if w eneed more encouragement or need to chat with someone who is really struggling on the diet n be about to binge on something, the right support should help , like a nooooo no dont do it, keep on ur diet n .
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    My thought would be that if you feel the need to binge maybe you're over doing it?

What calorie level are you eating and what is your exercise output?

Most urges to binge only last 20 min. So if you can hold it off for that long you should be fine.

Also - what do you mean by "binge"? Are you just craving chocolate when it won't fit into your calories, or, are you about to eat the entire kitchen? Cravings are important to listen to as it's telling your body something is missing and all cravings have healthy alternatives. Google "craving list" for more info on what to eat instead.
  • milanibriscoe
    Options
    I may be two days too late, but my advice is plain popcorn with cinnamon. I binge on plain popcorn sprinkled with cinnamon. If it is oil popped, yeah, it will probably give you about 500 calories. Compared to eating a chocolate bar or a muffin or multiple chocolate bars or multiple muffins, 500 calories of popcorn isn't too too bad. Seriously tho, popcorn is low calorie when you subtract the oil, butter, and salt. If you eat air popped popcorn, it's even better. Air popped is without the oil, obviously. Air popped popcorn is 20 calories per cup. Then I try to drink lots of water afterwards to get all of that fiber moving. Popcorn is full of fiber, so you'll do yourself a favor by binging on PLAIN popcorn. Don't you dare put a drop of butter on it! lol i mean if you want to not explode at the waist region.
  • spacelump
    spacelump Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Seems like you needed support quite urgently. I want to echo others and suggest that you ask yourself if you're over doing it, perhaps or if your relationship with food is out of sorts, if a possible binge has you so worked up. A binge is not the end all. It happens. You can do things to help said potential binge, such as: drinking water to first possibly address is you're dehydrated, then take a look at your calories and be honest about if you're taking in enough or being too strict on yourself. If yes, eat. If no, ask self what the reason behind the binge is. Often binges are emotionally fueled for women. If this is the case, write. Write and write while you sip water and have a healthy snack.

Talking to others would be great for those tempting moments before a binge, however you are capable of talking yourself out of one, also. It does take practice. At the end of the day, be kind to yourself and listen to your body. Intuitive eating has a place still within our diets.

Best of luck.
  • Crawfie16
    Crawfie16 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Nics, I find if I go to my wardrobe and look at jeans and dresses which were too tight that always works in stopping me overeating. It is just not worth it. Hope that helps next time you feel like binging. ????
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I went through an emotional time the last 4 days. Normally that would be met with chinese food for 4 people and ben and jerrys. This time at the end of the day.. I took about 1.5 tablespoons of semi-sweet chocolate chips out of my freezer and ate them in bed.

Just find something that will make you feel like you got that little joy/release etc that you use to get when you ate a ton before. Well atleast that is what is working for me.