Gas anyone????

Options
6shrums
6shrums Posts: 3 Member
Newbie to this site....Ok, this is not the easiest subject to talk about.......but it is killing me!! I had my surgery on January 14, 2014 and didn't have any problems from surgery except for the port incision not healing very good, but that is better now and the last month I have been miserable with gas and gas bubbles. I feel like a little old lady (no offense) that walks and toots at the same time and can't control it....don't laugh...I am totally serious!! I didn't have any gas issues until about a month ago. I haven't been eating anything different. Any suggestions???

Replies

• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    follow the no drinking 30 min prior and no drinking 30 min post. eating too fast causes gas type pressure but it is really a food jam at the sleeve that I have to belch to move. I refrain from drinking and eat a lot slower , it only took me 4 months to figure that out:). are you constipated? gas is less painful if you are cleaned out. I take 2 vitafusion fiber gummies every day. do you eat some yogurt to help you digest the 25% no starch veggies. I pass tons of gas because I eat so many low carb veggies(high fiber) and beans for my 5% carbs.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I had this before surgery, back when I so overfilled my colon that I had IBS like symptoms. They actually thought I had IBS until after the sleeve, when everything settled down. Then they decided it was the overeating and overfilling the colon that caused the IBS symptoms. Anyway, I used to use Gas-X. It won't hurt you now, though you should check with your surgeon. Also try Mangopickle's suggestions. If it's trapped air from eating too fast, slowing down will solve the issue naturally.
  • reneemosley
    reneemosley Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have a few different protein powders do that to me. I thought I had developed lactose intolerance but nope its just certain mixes.

Just a thought.

Yes though, the month or two post surgery were very gastrically interesting.

ALWAYS call your doc if you have a question, thats why they are there and have staff dedicated to questions.

Be well!