Week Starting 5th of May 2014

Options
agent99oz
agent99oz Posts: 185 Member
Hi all,

Weekly thread :) Hopefully a few more Venus ladies check in this week and let us know how you are going

I am off for a DEXA scan this week, going to measure body fat % now and in 6 weeks when I finish Venus. I will to map real changes of fat loss rather than just scale loss.

I have changed things up this week so I will be keen to see if they have any impact to this week, cm's wise etc

Also OMG - week 6 workouts - My butt is killing me!

Cheers Danielle

:smile:

Replies

• jaidenphyr
    jaidenphyr Posts: 72
    Options
    I still am battling my virus bug, so I have not worked out in a couple of weeks. Been doing well on keeping track of calories though and trying just to rest as much as possible. As soon as I do too much then I start to feel like I'm relapsing. I figure it is best to then stay away from the work outs. Sometimes you have to have common sense!

I am on week 12 of the eating plan!! I must say I expected/hoped to lose more than the 14 I've lost so far, but I'm ok with the difference I suppose. I knew I'd be slower since I was eating 1200 calories instead of 1000 and only doing 2 sets rather than 3 of the exercises. My plan is to start over at week 1 with eating and exercise since I've fallen so far behind in the exercise.

The end of this month I go in to order my dress for the wedding!! I hope by then to be down another dress size.

Come on ladies!! Check in and lets keep our motivation and momentum going no matter what!!
  • Josieee15
    Josieee15 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well I'm still here. Had a body scan too and although I'd only lost a pound on the scales, I lost 4% body fat and gained 3lb muscle mass.Just goes to show that you can't tell what's going on by normal scales alone. I'm really pleased because I can also be sure that the pound I have lost is a pound of pure fat. Glad it's gone and it's damn well staying gone.

Jaiden bet your *kitten* you can be down another dress size - I know you can do it! :happy:

Agent let us know the results of your scan :wink:
  • agent99oz
    Options
    Thats awesome off friday for mine cant wait gives me hope :)
  • jaidenphyr
    Options
    Ok so tell me about these scans you are getting!!! Where are you getting them and how much do they cost?
  • jaidenphyr
    Options
    On another note, I really think my hormones are at play. A month ago I had that really bad week where I put on 4 pounds of water. Many of you thought it might be 'that time of the month' and because I had a hysterectomy I couldn't really say. I am also of the age where menopause would be starting to kick in, if I hadn't had the hysterectomy, and since I still have my ovaries there is legitimate reason to wonder about the hormone factor.

Since I had the drop of 3 pounds in a week about 2 weeks ago I went back up those 3 pounds and have stayed there the past two weigh ins. So, my thought is, since it was just over a month ago, almost the same thing happened that it is indeed 'my time of the month' and hoping that next week I'll see a drop in the weight again.

Thanks to this forum, and posting regularly I was able to piece this together.
  • agent99oz
    Options
    Hiya - That's great news - at least you can peice it together :)

They are called a DEXA scan - google it, it looks at the inside - I need to see this as again I lost nothing this week and put on 1.5kgs....go figure :(

Pretty annoying - upped my protein. But I am determined to make the last 5 weeks count of Venus and I am going to use the scan to track the real changes - if I lose fat and no weight in 5 weeks then I know something is happening on the inside

Wish me luck - scan is at 11.30am

D
  • agent99oz
    Options
    Ok so I am 55kg's worth of Lean muscle mass etc and 26.04kg's of Fat - so I need to lose 3kg's of fat to be in the healthy zone - I go back in 6 weeks to assess again

He said my 55kg's worth of Lean muscle mass was high for my age :) Bone density was really good too
  • jaidenphyr
    Options
    Thats awesome!!! If your muscle mass is high for your age, then I'd say that is likely what was going on all this time, don't you think?
  • agent99oz
    Options
    Not sure - however he said he would be surprised that in 6 weeks if I keep doing what I am doing I will lose more fat. He was really good - he made me feel better about the choices I am making

I am on a 4 week mission to drop kg's! I am on a strict weigh everything I eat to see if I can get weight off....I am happy with fat don't get me wrong but I want kg's :smile:
  • Josieee15
    Josieee15 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sorry I was slow to reply. Yes Dexa scan for me also, although mines is not as good as yours Agent. Well done you! I also think dropping fat when you are already at 26 body fat will be really difficult because you are already low. I'm at 36 - wobble wobble :laugh: So easier for me, although a long haul.

Jaiden my homones are playing up too. I went for blood tests the other day because more of less since starting Venus I have had no 'time of month' just a coincidence? who knows. The doc is testing my thyroid and hormone levels to see what's going on. But like you I am aware that I am holding water the the expected 'time of month' which is really frustrating. I'm 45 (nearly 46) but Doc thought as I had no other menopausal symptoms that could not be the reason. I didn't tell her that I'd been surviving go 1000 cals a day!

I will let you know the results.