Introduce yourself

Options
Claire594
Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
Hi, I'm Claire. I'm 37 and looking to lose about 67lbs and get fitter and healthier. I had a lot of success in 2012 on mfp but a pregnancy and not logging has resulted in me gaining the weight back. This time round I'm here for good and I'm going to lose this weight once and for all.

I did the 30 day shred a couple of times and had great losses of both inches and weight. Hoping for a similar outcome this time round.

Replies

• GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I'm a 24 year old girl, 5'8", and around 30 lbs overweight (give or take a few lbs). I'm an electronics engineer, and going to start grad school (MBA) in a couple of weeks. I joined MFP last year, but only trolled the forums and collected information for a very long time; I started actually using it to modify my lifestyle in January of this year.
    As for exercise, I am (still) a noob at lifting, been about a month and a half now. Other than that, I do HIIT and cardio a couple of times a week. Nutritionally, I try to create a deficit of about 3000 cals a week, but I haven't really lost much weight in the past month. However, I have shrank a bit in size - dropped a pants size (a UK size 12, from a 14), even though my weight is pretty much the same (dropped 2 lbs), and I seem to be getting firmer and tighter. I think I should thank lifting for that haha.
    I'm starting 30DS because I won't have access to a gym for almost a month now, and I want some high-intensity workouts for that period, so this is the perfect time for me to have spotted this group!
  • nabah
    nabah Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 31 year old Grad student who is trying to lose around 35-40 pounds. I've been yo-yoing for the last 5 years after I started out my serious workout routine after graduating from college. Kinda got lazy after I got married, and now I'm trying to get my head back in the game. I've been trying to focus but just haven't been able to.

I seriously need to drop the weight because my husband and I want to start a family and I cant carry around the extra weight of a pregnancy along with what I'm already carrying. I've been trying to healthy and conscientiously this last week and have lost a couple of pounds, but now its time to jump back onto the workout wagon and get serious.

I enjoy running, swimming, yoga and Pilates and hope to mix it all up with the 30 day shred challenge (I've done it before but never finished :s), as I've found in the past that only a weight loss program is not enough.

So here's to hating on Jillian together folks!! See you all Monday :)
  • MinriJaehna
    Options
    I am a 49 year old, 195 lb AA female with some fitness creds in my past. For the past 12 years I have not given my fitness and health the attention it deserves. It is past time to put some action to my desire to be visibly fit again. I am using MFP and the 30 DS to jumpstart the process to losing weight, toning muscle, and improving my metabolic health. My goal is to lose 50 lbs over the next year and maintain focus on exercise, healthy eating, and spiritual connections.
  • spgebhart
    spgebhart Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 35 years old, also a grad student (MPA), also looking to start a family soon, and getting married in August. I have about 35 lbs to lose and while I regularly use the 30DS work outs as part of my exercise regimen, I've never actually done the program all the way through as intended.

Other than 30DS, I also use a couple other Jillian videos, No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I also wear a fitbit so I try to walk a lot. And I have a stationary bike/desk that I sometimes use while I'm working, but not very often recently.

I've really been lazy about exercising lately and I really do want to lose some weight before the wedding, so I think this group will be a fun way to stay on track.

Good luck everybody!
  • hopperem
    hopperem Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 47 and want to lose at least 7lbs - and tone up. I did 30ds over six weeks about 6 months ago and the results were incredible! Hoping to repeat this!

I run regularly and do the odd 30 day challenge but am finding it hard to motivate myself recently
  • Claire594
    Options
    welcome everyone. so excited to see so many people joining me in this challenge.
  • losemybigthighs
    Options
    Hi !
    I'm 37 and looking to lose about 13 more pounds. I've been good about tracking my calories on MFP which has helped ALOT :) I did the 30 Day Shred two years ago but got out of the habit after less than 2 weeks. I lack self-discipline so I'm hoping being a part of this group will keep me accountable.
    Thank you Claire594 for starting this and motivating me!
  • megsterella
    megsterella Posts: 69
    Options
    Hiya! I'm Meg, I'm 22 years old, and I have a whopping 150 lbs to lose. I've started 30DS once before but quit after the second day because it was basically torture. I'm determined to see the challenge through to the end this time, though I'm under no delusions that it will be easy, especially since I'm 20 lbs heavier than I was when I started it the first time.

In addition to doing this I'll be walking 6 miles 3x/week (MWF).

Quick Q: is it requirement that we do it every day for the next month or are we allowed to take a rest day?

Good luck, everyone!
  • Claire594
    Options
    You can set your own pace Meg.

The last time I did it 5 days (m-f) took sat and sun as rest days and then did the second 5 days and then two rest days again before starting level two so it took me 6 weeks rather than 30 days.

This time round I am just going to go for it. All 30 days in a row.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    This time round I am just going to go for it. All 30 days in a row.
    Me too! :drinker:
  • spgebhart
    spgebhart Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm going to take Sunday as a rest day.
  • megsterella
    megsterella Posts: 69
    Options
    I'm going to take Sunday as a rest day.

Same. :)

@Claire594: thanks for the clarification!
  • Mahi33
    Mahi33 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Maheen and I need to lose about 15lbs. I had lost 20 lbs last year before I got married, but I'm slowly gaining it back.
    I have done the 30 day shred before, but only made it to level 2, I would love to do all 3 levels in 30 days. I'm glad I found this group, it will definitely keep me accountable.
    Good luck.
  • jayann2410
    jayann2410 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Im Jay, 22, 5 ft and 127 lbs, id like to get down to 112 lbs! I am doing the 30 day shred, 30 day squat challenge and training for a 5km race for life in july! feeling focused :)
  • Mezzo0213
    Mezzo0213 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I'm Brenda. I am 52, almost 5'7" and resumed working out after a few years lapse and started at 179 pounds. I'm currently bouncing between 170 and 174 and have seemed to hit a standstill. I am preparing for my second 5K later this month so do walk/runs at least 2X/week, and do circuit weight training along w/occasional indoor rowing.

I received at my request a FitBit and have sinked it up to myfitnesspal in an effort to see if tracking my calories will help. I think that perhaps at times I'm underer-eating which may have why I have hit a wall. I hope participating in this challenge will help me!

-- Mezzo0213
  • maddoxnjl
    maddoxnjl Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi, I'm Nicola, I'm going to try yet again to get through 30DS, I start for a couple of days then give up due to work, so I want to get better about getting up early and doing it in the morning before I leave the house. I'm currently 175lbs, my first target is 145lbs just to get me in to the healthy range, and then try to get down to 125. I'm also doing a lot of walking at the moment, so hoping between the two I start seeing a difference!
  • Imperfect_Angel
    Imperfect_Angel Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm Tino, 23 year old social care worker & clinical psychology student. I live in Scotland...

So I've attempted the 30DS so many times and the most I persevered was 8 days then quit! I'm so determined to see it through this time though. I'm 5"8, 196lbs and my goal weight is anything from 140-160lbs. At the moment, I'm really just focused on being healthier and eating better as well as train for a few 5 & 10K's. I do a lot of cardio (running about 25 miles in a week then gym). I've also just started strength training. My big problem areas are my belly and back so hopefully the 30 DS will give me some much needed results! :)

I'll probably be doing 10 days straight then a rest day before starting a new level.
  • mmbarnes1973
    mmbarnes1973 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Michelle. I'm 5'5 and weigh 197.8. This is the highest I have ever weighed. And I've been on a weight loss journey since I was 20. (Wish I still weighed the 125 that I did back then!) So I really just steadily have gained, and I don't want to reach 200. I just turned the big 4-0 in October. Job that I worked for 18 years sold out, but I have found an incredible job with great benefits....and a lot of hours. I used to work out all the time and now just have trouble finding time for it. I wanted to do T25 and have been looking for a group for support. I think this is the group. I have 30 day Shred, but find I get bored with Jillian really quick. I noticed that some of you said you had done 30 day shred before and had results. Did you really? Because even though I wanted to do T25, maybe I will do 30 day shred with you guys, and if I get good results, move on to T25. I'm sure that I could commit for 30 days. But I will really need support at the 2 week mark because that's when I lose my focus. So please, anyone that did do Jillian, I'd like to hear if you really did get the results. And this girl will be joining you all tomorrow for the start of a great journey. I can't wait and I look forward to having what sounds like a great group of people to go on this journey with. I will put my stats in tomorrow morning because I'm pulling a 12 hour shift today. Good luck everyone. Good luck me!!!
  • HungryHyena
    HungryHyena Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Shireen. I'm 29yrs old, 5'7" and I weigh 172lbs (fluctuate between 171-175 depending on my weekly diet). I started Weight Watchers recently. My utimate goal weight is 135lbs. I plan on starting 30DS tomorrow. I ended up on MFP while I was searching for reviews/results a long time ago when I first heard about the DVD. I really like the support and communication between members of this site, so I decided to join.

I plan on doing 30DS 5 days/wk and walking uphill on the treadmill for 60min 3 days/wk while continuing my WW. I'm going to take measurments and before pics (I wont post them until after 30 days is up though...LOL).

I'm an undergrad business student. I work FT as an electronics maintenance/repair tech. I've been married for just over a year now and I'm a stepmom which is pretty cool. I horseback ride for fun about 3-5 days/wk when things aren't too busy. I broke four ribs in October '13 that didn't heal until January, then my horse was broken from February until about 3 weeks ago, so I'm pretty cold and sedentary.

I think my biggest challenge will be overcoming exhaustion, and going to bed on time, so I can get enough sleep to keep on going. I work the graveyard shift and I choose to stay awake a lot longer than I should. It's my goal to just power through the tired days and get it done because it's only 20 minutes.

Good luck ladies!!!
  • Claire594
    Options
    Michelle,

I lost both weight and inches with the 30 DS, I really think it works. To be honest I get a bit sick of Jillian too and once I sort of know the routine I mute her so I don't have to listen to her until I'm at the next level lol.

After I do the 30DS, I too am going to try the T25 but I've heard it's really hard and I'm not sure I will have the stamina for something like that yet. I also plan on doing the couch to 5k programe but I am going away training for work for June and July to london and I don't fancy running somewhere I don't know, so I'm going to wait to August to start that.