Feeling full all the time, what can I do?

Options
GetWaisted
GetWaisted Posts: 33 Member
I'm two weeks post op and I'm now on soft foods. When I wake up in the morning I have a full feeling and it pretty much sticks w/ me all day. If I do feel the need to eat something, I'll try greek yogurt but after one or two spoons I'm done. I have no problem w/ water intake I can drink all day until it comes to protein. I don't like the Isopure clear liquids and all the shakes are too sweet or too thick and make me gag. I know I need my protein I just have no idea how to get it. I even tried those New Whey 3oz vials, drank 1/2 and then threw it up. I just have no idea what to do. Any suggestions?

Replies

• annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    The full feeling is pretty normal that early after surgery. Trust me, it passes. Enjoy it while it lasts. Just get in what you can and make sure you get those fluids in, though!
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Thin your protein shakes with lots of water and ice.
  • stroynaya
    stroynaya Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    some protein powders have chicken soup flavors. Regular soups are good too as long as you puree any chunky veggies/meat in them.
  • GraceByMySide
    GraceByMySide Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've been using a half tube of New Whey in a bottle of water instead of Crystal Light kind of things. That seems to be pretty good. That way, I'm getting protein without it feeling too thick.