Hi All - anyone wiling to share their experience?

Options
n_gal87
n_gal87 Posts: 85 Member
Hello, I'm headed to the doctor today intending to get Xenical, I was bored this morning and like to hear what real people think rather than paid ads so I did a quick search on hear for Xenical and Alli - I'm sure you can all imagine what I found. Anyway, I'm interested in hearing what people who have actually taken Xenical/Alli think (good or bad), specifically about side effects. Do people usually experience side effects only when they don't' eat according to the plan or might they happen any time?

Thanks so much to anyone who is willing to share!

Replies

• gobunkos
    gobunkos Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've taken Alli since January. I have not experienced any really bad TEs even when I've eaten high fatty foods. I've read that the newer versions (last year or so) of Alli do not work like the previous version, but I don't know anything about that. I do know that MFP has helped me greatly to make me aware of what I am eating, which IMHO is the major factor in my weight loss. Alli has helped me to change the food I eat in reducing the fat I consume. I am quite satisfied with the results I have gotten, but as I said I'm not sure can be credited to Alli and how much to diet change. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
  • ScottyLikesCake
    ScottyLikesCake Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I started taking Alli a little over a week ago and so far have had none of the listed treatment effects.

I must confess I spent my first few days worrying if what I had eaten in the couple of days before starting the plan was going to cause problems - I know the info in the Alli box says to change your diet before starting the treatment but I have no patience and decided I would just get started. So far so good.

I do find that my fear of the treatment effects is making me more determined to stay on my low fat, reduced calorie plan. It's more of a willpower booster than that I am expecting it to increase my weight loss rate. If I can keep a nice consistent loss then I'll be very happy, even it is slow.

I hope this is useful and good luck, if I can answer any specific questions I will but this is new to me too.
  • n_gal87
    n_gal87 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thank you both! My appointment got pushed back to tomorrow, so I'm going to ask my Dr. about it then
  • kimberley_1
    kimberley_1 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi n_gal87 and good luck with your weight loss :)

I had taken Xenical last year before the world wide shortage and its only just came back in stock hear were I live and im hoping to go back on again if they will let me.

I was 15st 5 lbs back in Feb 2011 that was my biggest and I got down to 12st 10lbs in Feb 2012 with Xenical and lost some more very slowly on my own and they got to 12st 7.5lbs in may 2012 and ive been up and down ever since going 1 lbs loss 3 gain and im now 13st 7lbs :/

Xenical definity worked for me and as long as you eat the right foods you will do fine :) and hopefully there wont be another shortage anytime soon again.
  • FJHutch
    Options
    Hi everyone
    I am starting xenical again today. I had it a few years ago but basically cheated by not taking the tablets if I wanted something high fat.
    I have various medical stuff going on so my GP thinks this might just give me a hand dealing with my weight.
    I am really hoping I can avoid the side effects and it helps me make better portion choices :)
  • kimberley_1
    kimberley_1 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi FJHutch, nice to meet you I hope you use this site and this group for plenty of support and keep taking them tablets 3 times a day for every meal with lots of water you will feel better about doing that and losing weight more then the 2 secs it takes to chuck something down your neck that dosnt make you feel happy at all.. good luck :) xx
  • Losingweightfaster
    Options
    Since feb 14 I've lost 20 kg with exercise and orlistat - I do tabata as I can't stand public long routines of exercise and it changed my eating habits massively so I don't binge and I eat minimal fat so it changed my thinking process. I wouldn't advise taking them as a quick fix to carry on with a rubbish diet that's not what the aim is. They will boost your confidence (I suffer with OCD mixed type and BDD) but be wise or you will spend your days in nappies - but they helped programme me into thinking well I won't eat that as I know what the consequence is. I can go days without talking any at all x good luck the first month is hell it's like full clear out especially if your previous toilet experiences were of once a week I'm now regular as clockwork - big up xenical if used properly!
  • shoecake
    shoecake Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi I just got a prescription for orlistat this morning - never taken any weight loss aids before but just had gestational diabetes in my last pregnancy and last june developed gall stones and lost my gallbladder so hoping this will give me the kick start im looking for :-)