How long before you saw results?

Options
LarDoucheLar
LarDoucheLar Posts: 171 Member
I've just finished day 1 of recovery week so 29 days in and i do see slight differences in my body but nothing major for the level of intensity Insanity is. I've lost 4lbs whether that's due to insanity or diet i have no idea but i've been eating within my tdee and trying to eat healthier. I should say though my fitness has definitely gotten better.

So i'm wondering when everyone started to see changes?

Replies

• mommy_gigi
    mommy_gigi Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Did you take before and after pictures and measurements? A lot of people have posted that they see more inches lost than actual pounds. I am only on day 9 so I am kind of useless at this point. lol
  • LarDoucheLar
    Options
    Did you take before and after pictures and measurements? A lot of people have posted that they see more inches lost than actual pounds. I am only on day 9 so I am kind of useless at this point. lol
    I did take measurements and i've only lost a few inches overall. I took pictures too and there's nothing drastic either. Feeling very unmotivated because of it but i'm gonna push on.
  • mommy_gigi
    mommy_gigi Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Keep on trucking on. You can do it! Also, after reading and reading and reading about Insanity results a lot of people say that months 2 is the golden month! You can do it!
  • Blackhawk19D
    Blackhawk19D Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity last year and was down 2 inches in my waist and pants hanging off of me within 2 weeks. I kept it up and at my lowest I had lost probably close to 17 pounds in less than 2 months. The problem that I was having, and probably the primary reason why I didn't keep it up, was that my caloric intake was WAY TO LOW!!!!!! I was shooting for a 1900 calorie day pre-workout. My insanity workouts were averaging between 500 and 750 calories per. Now I ddin't work out when I was on shift, but the weight loss was drastic.

Recently I restarted the program and am in my 2nd week. Not as much being noticed but small changes. I would really look at your diet and your caloric intake. Also make sure you are weighing yourself on the same scale at roughly the same time each day. Otherwise, keep at it.

Are you noticing the exercises getting easier? more Pushups or those damn triceps dips maybe?
  • josser1978
    josser1978 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i`m comming to the end of week 4 !!! Didnt weigh in the first week but did lose 6 lbs over the next 2! next weigh in is on Monday!

How does the recovery week measure up to the first 4 weeks ?

Also how is the 2nd month in comparision?
  • LarDoucheLar
    Options
    Thankyou everyone i definitely notice my fitness has increased so that's a bonus i start day 1 of month 2 tomorrow so here's hoping i get bigger results. I eat my tdee - 20% so aim for at least 1500 cals per day.

Recovery week was hard at first.. i have no idea why it's called a recovery week! haha. But i did get really into it the last few days and it gradually got easier. :)

As far as i know Month 2 is insane! like a whole new level.. i'll update tomorrow and let you all know how i got on.
  • dabucks
    dabucks Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Took me 1 month to 'see' results. The the weight started to fall off month 2.

Lost something like 17 lbs during insnaity and another 3-4 lbs within a week after.

I've done half of asylum (hurt ankle) and am doing t25 now. Insanity is the overall best program. I'm having to do two beta workouts just to feel like I worked out enough.

Btw anyone doing these programs can add me.
  • sandrarella
    Options
    Hello, I am new to myfitnesspal. And i am feeling discouraged too, I am 5'6-5'7'' and i am 163 pounds. My weight these past two weeks have been fluctuating +2 and -2 pounds. I'm on week three of insanity, and this is my second time doing insanity since 6-7 months ago; when i finished losing a max of 15lbs.

However, between these 6-7 months i gained +5 lbs. Now i'm struggling to lose those 5 pounds.

After my insanity workouts i feel the burn and the muscle building, but I am not getting under 160 on the scale. I've been eating 100-120 calories every two hours, and tracking my calorie count, I'm trying to eat under 1200 calories a day. But why am i not losing the weight the first time I started insanity? Any ideas?
  • jnfrmcc
    jnfrmcc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just finished insanity today. Month 2 is longer workouts anywhere from 40-64 minutes on the days you need to do a workout and then the abs. I tracked my weight, waist, hips and body fat (from my scale). I lost 3lbs, .5 inch on waist, .5 in on hips, and 1% body fat.

I saw the most results in at the end of week 5 (recovery) and then saw everything gain back during the heavy work of month 2. I kind of expect to see additional results in the next few days as my body recovers from the past month.

I plan to start T25 as the insanity workouts are too long for me in the mornings.
  • chant123
    chant123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hi guys

I am just about to complete my 3rd week and I have not lost much, I have lost 1lbs weight 1inch off hips and waist that's it. im clean eating and counting calories. I try eat to 1350 cals then I work out and ill have a little more if need. I have this week been bike riding and swimming too but my knees are killing.

I have not been following the meal plan as its difficult to do when you cant get shakology in the uk. I did read it this morning to find im meant to be eating at least 1600 cals....

I love the workouts and have noticed a change that I can do a push up and having loads less breaks. I just don't see the results as they advertise happening to me.