Carb cravings

Options
StacyRenee77
StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
When did your cravings for carbs and sugar go away?

Replies

• I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Mine dropped about 3-4 days into my first week. I made noodles for my husband the other night for dinner and it didn't even tempt me :) And he forgot and offered to share his chocolate with me the other day... it didn't lure me in like it normally would have.

It gets better. I can't drink my diet drinks right now though....I would scarf them down like no ones business, and I believe I would probably drop back into a sugar craving at this point if I did. Later I will when I feel stronger about it :)
  • pyramid918
    pyramid918 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    The only thing I crave anymore is an easy snack or meal! Nothing is easy in ketosis. Everything takes planning and cooking and sometimes I just wish I could throw some cereal in a bowl and call it dinner. But it gets much easier to say no to the crap the longer you stick with the plan :)
  • rlengland2014
    rlengland2014 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I still crave sugar sometimes, and I've been doing this 12 weeks. It's not bad though, and I don't give in. My willpower is much better on this diet than any other I've done. I do use artificial sweeteners or stevia daily in my coffee and I've been told that if I didn't, I wouldn't crave sweets.
  • eatspopcorn
    eatspopcorn Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    The only thing I crave anymore is an easy snack or meal! Nothing is easy in ketosis. Everything takes planning and cooking

THIS.

The hardest part for me is planning. Sometimes I end up with nothing keto friendly but eggs, cheese and meat in my house. You really have to make an effort to stay stocked up on a good variety of food.

Although I did find a good choice at Starbucks if I forget lunch some days. They have a chicken & greens caesar salad that is 7 net carbs for the whole bowl. So far that's my "fast food" go-to that took place of all the other easy fast options!
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    The only thing I crave anymore is an easy snack or meal! Nothing is easy in ketosis. Everything takes planning and cooking and sometimes I just wish I could throw some cereal in a bowl and call it dinner. But it gets much easier to say no to the crap the longer you stick with the plan :)

Yup! That's the hardest part for me. No quick, easy meals or snacks. No cravings really, just time crunched sometimes :)
  • youdontknowme9
    youdontknowme9 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I miss bread (mostly toast) but Eh...I have killed almost all the cravings, except for when it's staring me in the face on a salad or something.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options

It's other way for me, most of my meals when I am home are under 10 min.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options

I know! Me too. How about hardboiled eggs and pepperettes? A handful of almonds? You can snack for dinner with the right snacks ;)

My sugar cravings went away in the first week or so, but if I slip up and eat carby stuff, they come back to taunt me a bit. I then grab a fat bomb to kill the beggars.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options

Keto meals are quick to cook, yes, but there's all the damn cleanup involved. A bowl of cereal requires just a bowl and a spoon. Other meals need pans and utensils that I don't stick in the washer. When you're in a really lazy mood, everything sounds like hard work.

I have low carb wraps and stuff for when I'm feeling really lazy. I cut off a hunk of cheese, plop it on the tortilla, and eat it while grumbling about how I wish I had cooked.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options

Keto meals are quick to cook, yes, but there's all the damn cleanup involved. A bowl of cereal requires just a bowl and a spoon. Other meals need pans and utensils that I don't stick in the washer. When you're in a really lazy mood, everything sounds like hard work.

I have low carb wraps and stuff for when I'm feeling really lazy. I cut off a hunk of cheese, plop it on the tortilla, and eat it while grumbling about how I wish I had cooked.

I used to be like that when I started Keto, now I simplified things and usually just use one pan or a baking plate if I am dumping something in the oven.
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options

If you take one afternoon/evening a week and make a bunch of what I call "foil packet" meals, you'll always have a freezer full of options when you don't feel like cooking. I make large batches of pot roast, country style pork ribs, casseroles, quiches, etc. and portion into heavy duty foil packets that can be frozen, then tossed into the toaster oven on lazy nights for a homemade TV dinner. Cauli-crusts for pizzas, MIMs, fat bombs, almond/coconut flour "bread"....all made in bulk and frozen so I have the option to reach for something good for me instead of ordering from Domino's.

That one day of hard core cooking pays off, and only one day of messy kitchen clean-up to deal with. :-)
  • rauljg42
    rauljg42 Posts: 30
    Options
    Sadly never. Mind over matter though. Keep eye on the goal. Now that I'm in maintenance stage I cycle and carb refeed once a week and I enjoy my carbs for 24-36 hours once a week.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options

I used to be like that when I started Keto, now I simplified things and usually just use one pan or a baking plate if I am dumping something in the oven.

You underestimate my aversion to washing dishes. I use one pan for most of my cooking and have been eating keto since Jan 2012. My level of laziness, when it comes to cleaning up after myself, is pathetic. I use a cutting board, a knife, a spatula, a pan, and then whatever I eat the food in. That's all. I've ordered delivery because I didn't want to clean a pan. Not even kidding about that.
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options

You underestimate my aversion to washing dishes. I use one pan for most of my cooking and have been eating keto since Jan 2012. My level of laziness, when it comes to cleaning up after myself, is pathetic. I use a cutting board, a knife, a spatula, a pan, and then whatever I eat the food in. That's all. I've ordered delivery because I didn't want to clean a pan. Not even kidding about that.

Dishes are MY worst enemy. I use the dishwasher daily, and I swear, when one cup turns over in there I'll leave it in there the next two or three washes, whatever it takes for it to quit turning over! (washing it by hand and being done with it is an abomination)

Most keto meals are pretty easy, and leftovers are awesome, I just lack the planning and want to to cook and clean up ;)