Back on Track

Options
krislady
krislady Posts: 16 Member
So. . . I started the green tea Friday, after I'd stopped at the supermarket and picked up a couple of boxes of tea bags - no problem.

Saturday, I completely forgot about it!

So . . . I did two things:

1 - I created a "green tea" category in my food diary - ideally, I'll remember to enter it every time I have a cup/glass of green tea.

2 - But since that's not altogether likely, I brewed a pot of green tea (in the coffee maker) which, conveniently, makes about 1/2 gallon, and put it into 2 quart mason jars. 1 quart = 4 cups = my daily green tea goal. Bazinga!

I've so got this . . . :)

Oh, and as for how to track it, I thought adding it as a category to the food diary might be a way. Then, too, that might help identify any correlation between green tea consumption and faster/more weight loss, if any. (eg, I consistently drank 4 cups of tea a day for a week and lost 2 lbs. instead of the normal 1.5)

Any thoughts from the group?

Replies

• mushu0517
    mushu0517 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Actually that sounds like a great idea!! I need to do that for the weekends because during the week because I am near my green tea I'll remember to drink it but during the weekends is when I fall off. I am gonna use ya idea this weekend. Brew in my coffee maker and put in my bottles so I can drink it throughout my days. This a wonderful idea. thanks for sharing.
  • krislady
    Options
    Glad to help! :)

I always have trouble on the weekends - my daily routine just falls apart!

That, and I'm getting forgetful. :wink:

Anything I can do to make it easier to remember things . . .
  • thisonewillwork
    thisonewillwork Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm just reporting that I'm finding the green tea consumption very helpful in that I'm so busy trying to get my 8 cups drunk each day that I don't have time to think about "What can I eat?" I am also finding that my stomach is so full of green tea that I don't feel as hungry. And I have lost a pound at last. So - encouraging!!
  • krislady
    Options
    8 cups? Yikes, I've only been aiming for 4!

I do drink a lot of water, besides, though . . . habit I picked up when I quit smoking several years ago. I found that subbing peanut m&ms for cigarettes while driving was a BAD idea (part of why I'm here now! :ohwell: ), so I started keeping lots of bottled water in the car instead.

Now I can barely get in the car without getting thirsty! :drinker:
  • kbudd63
    kbudd63 Posts: 10
    Options
    I recently heard on the news that you have to drink between 6 to 8 cups per day to achieve the benefits that green tea can give you.

Many of the studies have been run using Japanese who drink 6 cups or more per day.

I've been drinking between 6 and 8 cups/day. I use a big mug that holds 500 ml, so I actually only have to make 3 or 4 cups per day. I too lost weight but it's hard to say if that's from the green tea since this was the first week I've used MFP, and you often have a large loss the first time you use a program that restricts your calories.

*shrug*

ETA: grammar