Check in!

Momto4minions
Momto4minions Posts: 173 Member
So, two weeks done and staring week 3!
How are we doing? How are we feeling?

I am still maintaining pretty much, so seems to be going well.
Keeping on track while dealing with Dh's chemo has been a challenge, but I am learning. He has food cravings when he can eat, and .i just have to either portion it out for myself or not have it. I am learning will power.

:)

Replies

• courtneysmith96
    courtneysmith96 Posts: 19 Member
    Hope his chemo's been going well. My brother found jolly ranchers to work really well for the metallic taste (green were his preferred choice). Also great to hear about your progress. Will power is definitely something I know I've been struggling with for some time now, so I'm so proud of you for working on it! :)
  • bpmillen
    bpmillen Posts: 4 Member
    I have not been doing well so far 2 and a half weeks in. I have been having some family issues and have been eating emotionally. But I'm not giving up. What better day to turn it around than today!
  • Momto4minions
    Courtney, I will add jolly ranchers to the list to try!

Bp, every day is a fresh day!
  • Shandyism
    Shandyism Posts: 15 Member
    Hi all! I was doing so well this morning--was down at my lowest weight in, like, MONTHS! Feeling so proud of my hard work. What do I do? Come home and eat a ton of ice cream!!! What the hell? Seriously WTF. After so much hard work, I go blow it in like 10 minutes! I honestly am amazed at this self sabotage. How do you stop yourself from doing stupid stuff like this?

If you can't tell, this just happened, like, a few minutes ago.

We shall see what the damage is on the scale tomorrow. I guess I will just have to do a double work-out tomorrow, or something.

off to bed!
    Hilary
  • Shandyism
    Shandyism Posts: 15 Member
    Also, I feel like I might benefit from daily monitoring/check-ins? Just to be able to text/message someone with brief status update on the day and any questions. Maybe this would help with accountability for me. Is anyone interested or can recommend a group for this? Please let me know!! Thanks. =)
  • opalkaren
    opalkaren Posts: 5 Member
    Hello all,

I was doing pretty well and dropped some weight and then this week happened! This weekend was bad because I was in my friend's wedding party and had a full weekend of wedding related stuff--rehearsal dinner, wedding day food, and hungover food the next day. Then I was off to a conference for most of this week eating lots of carboy and sugary junk food. So I am up some weight.

Oh well, I'm back on track as of yesterday and I hope it starts to pay off again
  • Momto4minions
    Shandyism,
    Lots of people use the home page like a facebook. Add friends, post yr diet and exercise and find people who do the same. It becomes a nice way to check in with everyone and cheer each other on.

I saw yr question about calories. Looking at the spread sheet, you and I are at the same weight. What I have found for me is that 1600 is maintaining or less than 1/2 a lb a week loss. I try to stay under that. If I am exercising, i eat back 1/2 of the calories it says I burned. The site' s known for over inflation of calories burned.
    Water seems to be key for me too, so I try to drink liter and liters a day.

I missed two days of drinking well and today, I am up four lbs and noticeably swollen. :/

Since we are similar height and weight, i would assume the 1450 cal would have you dropping about 1-2 lbs a week. However, for me, i tend to stick at a weight for a week or three and then drop 2-3 lbs very fast.
  • Momto4minions
    Opal,
    Getting back to it is what counts! I have found that sometimes when I have a few big eating days, my body just celebrates my next week by dropping a nut more than usual. Fingers crossed for you!
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    So I hope this is okay with everyone - but I noticed that we're making progress.....but its kind of a slower progression. So I changed the spreadsheet. Instead of trying to reach a 10% loss, which would be difficult if not impossible, its down to a 5% loss for the period. We're just about halfway, so there is still lots of time to hit those numbers. And there are big benfits to losing just 5% of your body weight. This is from an article I found on WeightWatchers:

Health benefits:

Lowers your body’s cholesterol levels
    Can improve blood sugar control
    Reduces aches and pains
    Improves mobility
    Can improve your breathing
    Helps you to sleep better
    Reduces the risk of sleep apnea
    Helps prevent angina – chest pain caused by decreased oxygen to the heart.
    Decreased your risk of sudden death from heart disease or stroke
    May stop the need from regular medication
    Reduces the risk of certain cancers

Your emotional health will also benefit hugely. People who have lost 5 percent-10 percent of their body weight report improvements in quality of life, a noticeable reduction in depression symptoms, increased energy, plus a more positive attitude to life.

Little by little
    When it comes to weight loss, some people are unduly hard on themselves. They feel that they won’t be truly happy until they have lost three or four times the amount necessary to start seeing a difference.

The trick is to be realistic about your weight-loss goals and how long it will take to achieve them. Don’t discount the small losses you’ve accomplished either – they are very significant and should be used to spur you on. Trying to lose too much too quickly can undermine your efforts and actually work against you, and is more likely to result in your weight yo-yoing, which is detrimental to your progress.

Breaking your weight-loss journey into small, manageable steps will help to keep you motivated. If you have a lot of weight to lose, reaching Goal may seem like a daunting task, but having a set of measurable targets will help you to stay on track and keep you focused.

As you achieve each goal, it will give you that all-important momentum to increase your level of motivation still further to keep going and achieve your Goal weight