Reincorporating limited grains today

Options
Sabine_Stroehm
Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
Hubs made buckwheat waffles. YUM.

Going to allow myself *some* limited whole grains and see how the bloating etc. feels.

I'm still going to primarily focus on nutrient dense green vegetables, low fat dairy, lean meats, nuts and seeds and some whole fruits. But yes, going to add *some* grains back in.

For me, grains are the "tipping point" of my diet. Always have been.

Replies

• Sharon468
    Sharon468 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    How'd it go?

I had a few forkfuls of chocolate cake tonight that my husband brought home from dinner. I thought I was reasonable about it - just a few forkfuls, not the whole slice, there's still plenty left over. I don't think it's reasonable for me to give up all sweets and refined carbs for the rest of my life. So I'm going to experiment with a small indulgence or two per week and see how it goes.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    How'd it go?

I had a few forkfuls of chocolate cake tonight that my husband brought home from dinner. I thought I was reasonable about it - just a few forkfuls, not the whole slice, there's still plenty left over. I don't think it's reasonable for me to give up all sweets and refined carbs for the rest of my life. So I'm going to experiment with a small indulgence or two per week and see how it goes.
    Mine went okay. Had the buckwheat waffles Sunday, and some tortilla chips yesterday. Always gotta watch those tortilla chips though!
  • Sharon468
    Sharon468 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Glad it went OK. I, oddly, was down almost a pound after the chocolate cake. I expect tha was just a coincidence :-)