Introductions -> Welcome!

Options
bunnylion
bunnylion Posts: 265 Member
Welcome to our little group! :flowerforyou:

Here is the place to say a little about yourself so we can get to know each other.

Weight loss has been a topic for me for years now. And all the ups and downs (on the scale) that come with it. I started my weight loss journey once again on December 1st 2013. I need/want to lose 20-40 pounds and discovered Turbo Fire as really fun and really hard work out.

Start weight: 184
Current weight: 175
Goal weight: 154

I'll try my best to keep you all motivated and happy :)

Bunny

Replies

• pegasushg
    pegasushg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    So i started Turbo Fire just under a week ago, tomorrow completes week one. I am loving it so far. I was previously an INSANITY person, but needed a change. After this 90 days of turbo fire I might look at doing an INSANITY/Turbo Fire hybrid hmmmmmmm - glutton for punishment i think :)
    I am a mum of two gorgeous boys (6 and 4 yrs old) and want to get back to my goal weight that i was over a year ago. I was at the weight and then put half of it back on, from general laziness and lack of motivation.
    But i am sick of seeing my pudgy belly

BTW I am in Australia so my weight will be in Kilograms
    Starting weight - 89.9kg
    Current - 88.6kg
    Goal - between 75 - 73. I would love for my weight to stay in that range

Hope to see you all around and talk to you :)
  • katieeweiss
    katieeweiss Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm doing Rockin' Body from Beachbody right now ( I LOOOOOOOVE dancing!!!) but TurboFire is my next goal :)

I'm 23, a mom of two (3yo and 5mo), and a wife to a super hardworking hubby! I could definitely use extra support/accountability/motivation...

Starting weight (prepreg weight from 2nd kid) - 190 lbs
    Current weight - 175 lbs
    Goal weight 125 lbs

let's do thisss!
  • bunnylion
    Options
    Welcome pegasushg and katieerin90 :-)

@pegasushg: How do INSANITY and Turbo Fire compare in intensity. When I was thinking about which program to start with I considered INSANITY to be to hard for me. Being the hardest program ever put on DVD and all. But people have told me that Turbo Fire is just as hard. Is that true?
    I'm from Europe, so my weight would be in kilograms to. However, the majority of MFP members seems to American, so I try to adapt.

@katieerin90: I have not really seen any Rockin' Body work outs. How intense is it?

Are you both using the 'old' Turbo Fire program or the 'new' modified one with the Fire Starter class?

And now I'll try to find the motivation to do Fire 55. But maybe I'll have another coffee first ;-)
  • anabet88
    anabet88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    HI, I LOVE Chalene! She is my inspiration and motivation. I started out with Turbo Jam 6 years ago (still work out to it on occasion) now have Chalene Xtreme and Turbo fire. I usually work out 5-6 days a week rotating xtreme(weights) and turbo fire.

I am 43 with three kids 22, 16, and 14 and i am going to school full time to finish my degree. My Chalene workouts are mytime and give me the ability to deal with it all. My husband has just started working out with me doing the xtreme he's not ready for cardio yet just building muscle.

So I had a cross country move 2 houses to do over jobsearch and school and alot of stuff going on didn't work out for about 5 months:( and stressed ate my way back to where I was 6 yrs ago.
    H- 5'10
    CW 180
    GW 165
    So glad to find this group! :smile:
  • adkuhn09
    Options
    Hey! I just got done doing the 5 day inferno and it was tough! I lost 7 lbs. though so it was worth it! I am starting the 12 week schedule tomorrow. I am 22 years old and played competitive softball all my life and have always been made to work out. Now that I am done with sports I have been trying to figure out what exercises I like to do without being made to do it and I think I have found it with Turbo fire! I have always been very muscular so I weigh a lot but I am becoming where I don't like my body anymore and I don't like that. I am 5'7" and my current weight is 226 and my goal weight is 185 (just because that is what I was my senior year of high school). I am getting my masters in sports management from Texas women's and I am the director of softball at a batting cage in harahan,LA. I am excited to see more results and so glad I found this group!
  • bunnylion
    Options
    Welcome anabet88 and adkuhn09!

@adkuhn09: Wow, you sound very athletic and active. I wish I could say the same about me....
    Yes, the 5 days of Inferno were tough! Did you also keep to eating schedule? I didn't because there were hardly any vegetarian options and I don't like food plans that involve things like 1/2 banana without ever using the other half...

@anabet88: I'm impressed. Your really seem to have a lot of experience with Chalene and have your workout schedule all figured out. I often struggle to squeeze in a work out. I usually manage to work out every second day but I would really like to exactly follow the schedule just to see the difference. But I never make it past the third day... *sigh*
  • adkuhn09
    Options
    @bunnylion: I tried to follow the eating schedule as closely as possible but I am a picky eater. If I didn't like something then I just swapped it out for something with the same amount of calories. I think if you look up 5 day inferno vegetarian option there Is a schedule.
  • bunnylion
    Options
    @bunnylion: I tried to follow the eating schedule as closely as possible but I am a picky eater. If I didn't like something then I just swapped it out for something with the same amount of calories. I think if you look up 5 day inferno vegetarian option there Is a schedule.

Thanks for the tip. I never even thought to just google for a vegetarian schedule :-)
  • bonjourdiva
    Options
    Hello

I am interested in losing 25lbs by my 36th B-day (May). I gave Turbo Fire a try after Thanksgiving and l loved it, but in all honesty with all the holiday temptations I lost motivation.

So here I am to get back on the horse and do this!

My current weight: 169 lbs
    Goal Weight: 145 lbs
  • PinkGemini612
    PinkGemini612 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hello! Hope you don't mind that I joined. I've been doing Turbo Fire and going to the gym since January 1st. I'm not exactly following the program since I have gym days. But if you ladies motivate me to follow it, I won't complain! I've had TF for while but never had enough drive and motivation to complete it. I have fully completed P90X, got to my goal weight and put it back on plus some. I'm over that, I'm here now and working hard!

5'8" 29yr old mother of 2 (7 1/2 & 5 1/2)
    SW: 177 lbs
    CW: 171.8 lbs
    GW: 150lbs
  • PinkGemini612
    PinkGemini612 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hope I picked the right thread to post this. Probably not considering the title is Welcome. It was nice to "meet" you all. Good luck! I'm out!
  • ctlinj7
    ctlinj7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just started Turbo Fire yesterday! Fire Starter is no joke! I've been an athlete all my life and really let my poor diet get the best of me. I am determined to get my body back! I know I will never be a size 2 due to my stature and muscular build but I really just want to feel better and not be ashamed to look in the mirror! I'm getting married in December so I've got a BIG motivator :)