Protein (or other) Sample Packs and Sales

Options
rpyle111
rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
I figure it might be useful to have a Topic for people to post special pricing or sample packs they have run across or ordered.

I'll start:

About Time protein has a $4.99 delivered (to the US) price for two flavors of their protein powders. Not the best price in the world, but a chance to taste some different flavors

http://tryabouttime.com/shop/trial-pack/

Syntrax Nectars has a 15 pack sampler for $16.99 delivered (to the US). I have heard so much about these. that it was a good chance to try all of their flavors. It is their monthly special and only one per customer.

http://www.si03.com/reg_index.htm

Post more if you got 'em! happy

Replies

• segwayne
    segwayne Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I don't have any specials to offer, but I appreciate you posting this. I'll definitely be ordering both..

Wayne
  • csmccord
    csmccord Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    If you want to get the Max Protein powder from SEI Pharacuticals I have a coupon code for 20% off. It's the only protein my wife and I use!

EGGFACE2010

Can be ordered from: http://www.seinutrition.com/
  • segwayne
    Options
    Scratch that. Just got a heads-up from a friend about a bundle of 12 boxes of 15g protein bars from BariatricChoice.com

http://www.bariatricchoice.com/wonderslim-15g-protein-bars-bundle-12.html

Looks pretty good, especially if you'd rather do bars than shakes...

Wayne
  • csmccord
    Options
    12 boxes?!? I hope you know you like the brand/flavor before you buy them.
  • segwayne
    Options
    Ah, sorry for the lack of clarification...

You can mix and match the 12 boxes. You don't just get a single flavor.

I - for example -- used 8 box choices for their "crispy" (more granola-like) bars because I like them FAR more than I do the "mushy chocolate" types. All I know is that as soon as cleared, and as God is my witness, NO MORE SHAKES EVAH!!!!
  • csmccord
    Options

I - for example -- used 8 box choices for their "crispy" (more granola-like) bars because I like them FAR more than I do the "mushy chocolate" types. All I know is that as soon as cleared, and as God is my witness, NO MORE SHAKES EVAH!!!!

Shakes are too bad. I actually enjoyed them and made one for breakfast for a long time. I'd do either strawberry banana or chocolate PB. They are easy to embellish by putting in frozen bananas or strawberries, or even stuff like PB2. Bluepoint has even recommended things like this! They recommend jazzing them up. So I'd make a double in the morning, and drink it over an hour or so.
  • Holly_penguin
    Holly_penguin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    anyone have any updates for specials or sales on protein?
  • Holly_penguin
    Holly_penguin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Found this site that has many, many brands as samples. Sale right now for $1.95 each.

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/protein-powders/protein-powder-samples-1-serving.html
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I have always purchase my protein through GNC. I get the gold card memebership card that gives you 20% off. GNC usually runs a special every other month, buy one get one free. That packaged with the discount is a great deal. Also if you dont like the flavor, bring it back they will exchange it. My favorite brand is the Wheybolic Extreme 60, the chocolate is my favorite, but if you like that fake candy banana flavor, the banana is good. Vanilla tastes like cake batter, but works great with a fruit smoothie.
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    GNC sells isopure, which has a clear, sugar free, high protein Gatorade-like drink. a 20 oz bottle has 40 grams protein, and half of it can be used as 1 serving. so, 1.5 bottles is 60 grams total protein, which for me is about what i need in one day.

they come in a lot of flavors and are really good, not chalky at all.

they aren't currently on sale, but if you buy the $9 GNC membership card, you will get $11 off per case of 12 every time you shop there for the next year.

it is still a little pricey, but post-surgery, i like these so much better than the milky kind of shake.
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    GNC sells isopure, which has a clear, sugar free, high protein Gatorade-like drink. a 20 oz bottle has 40 grams protein, and half of it can be used as 1 serving. so, 1.5 bottles is 60 grams total protein, which for me is about what i need in one day.

they come in a lot of flavors and are really good, not chalky at all.

they aren't currently on sale, but if you buy the $9 GNC membership card, you will get $11 off per case of 12 every time you shop there for the next year.

it is still a little pricey, but post-surgery, i like these so much better than the milky kind of shake.

I agree, Isopure is a great option. My wife did find it to be chalky, but I never had a problem with it. Our surgeon also said it was a good presurgery drink.

If you try the chocolate wheybolic, 1/4 milk to 3/4 Ice cold water and it tastes very similar to a Yoohoo. :)
  • JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I know not to stock up this close to surgery so samples are a great idea for after surgery!
  • SimplySusan63
    SimplySusan63 Posts: 88 Member
    Options

I 2nd that! I was so excited about finishing my shake stage that I actually celebrated with a fist bump in front of a group of friends. I hope your journey is going well.
  • tabatham1982
    tabatham1982 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bj's Bariatric also has a sale on Syntrax Nectar! You get to pick 11 flavors for $14.95 and if you use the code FS2014 you get free shipping!!! I have been wanting to try different flavors and this seemed like the perfect way!

http://www.bjsbariatrics.com/
  • csmccord
    Options
    Nectar is good stuff if you are looking for something other than chocolate, strawberry or vanilla. I mean, who else makes ice tea, or fruit punch flavored protein?!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I cannot deal with the Nectar flavors, I think I am probably the only one! When I first tried them I liked them, but after that... not so much. Just shows how much your tastes can change after surgery! I just recently tried the Chike coffee and really liked it.
  • rubisliprz
    rubisliprz Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. Just ordered the nectar sample pack. Have not tried these yet.
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Such great info...Ive only bought 2 protein Special K flavors that were on sale (came as pks/sleeves similar to cocoa mix).
    Im just now starting to put together some things...Im thinking mine could happen in late july as I just completed all the requirements