Week 5/05-5/11 Accountability

Options
DJ478
DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
Hey everyone today I start beta yay I will confess I didn't do my double day did a single workout for week 5 but decided to move on so in the whole alpha phase missed only one workout didn't lose weight I will admit keep dropping and picking up same 5lbs but I'm happy to say I made it very fun workouts I will be working harder this month since it's last workout I will be doing gamma after probably but want to be able to post after pic here after beta stage hopefully I discipline myself completely good luck to all btw I did improve through workouts though

Replies

• Breeca2
    Breeca2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I have NOT been doing well, keep starting Beta and then not doing it everyday. So, starting again on Monday. How have you all been doing? I am back at square 1 with weight loss too.
  • PixieQueen25
    PixieQueen25 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I have NOT been doing well, keep starting Beta and then not doing it everyday. So, starting again on Monday. How have you all been doing? I am back at square 1 with weight loss too.

Hello. What has been setting you back? In Beta round the hardest 2 DVD's are Cardio and Speed. Please do not give up. Because if you can get through those DVD's the others are mostly "Weights" and "Abs" I mean they can be tough, but they are much easier in my opinion then all of the cardio in Alpha. Just keep going.

Anyways hope this encourages you.
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone,

Hello. What has been setting you back? In Beta round the hardest 2 DVD's are Cardio and Speed. Please do not give up. Because if you can get through those DVD's the others are mostly "Weights" and "Abs" I mean they can be tough, but they are much easier in my opinion then all of the cardio in Alpha. Just keep going.

Anyways hope this encourages you.

:) I've now finished T25 (I'm doing Tapout XT now.. which I am really enjoying!!!), but I also wanted to send some encouragement too. For me it helped to just think of T25 (same for my current workout) as part of my daily routine. With my current program, I find that it's easiest for me to just get it done in the AM before I go to work. Then I have the whole evening after work to relax and do as I please. It can be a little hard to get up in the morning, but I honestly feel great from doing the workouts... that keeps me going. It also can be a good stress reliever (especially Tapout where I do a lot of punching haha!).

I wish you the best... stick with it - you can do it :) If a given workout is difficult, just do the best you can (remember that the people in the DVD are professionals.. and it's fine if you can't keep up with them all of the time!). If you stick with it and work hard (again, working hard for yourself, not necessarily at the same pace as the people in the DVD), you will see results and feel great!
  • Breeca2
    Breeca2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    PixieQueen - I tend to fall off if I am stressed and worst of all, turn to garbage food; I am an emotional eater. I am trying to learn to keep pushing, but often just fall off. Thank you for responding!

eganita - Thank you for the kind words. I may try working out before work; didn't think of that. Also, you are right about looking at it as part of your daily routine. I need to hold myself accontable and maybe look at it like I HAVE to do this to survive. Thank you for responding!
  • JRadd14
    JRadd14 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    I've completed Alpha and Beta and have started Gamma this week. I did it with my hubby, and because of his schedule there was one week that we had to start over during Beta. Note though we didn't just "give up" for the week - we did get some workouts in.

My tips...
    - We start the calendar on Tuesday. Why? It puts the double workout day on Saturdays which works out well since we have more time. Then we have a day off on Sundays, and Monday we have Stretch which is a nice way to start the week.
    - We workout first thing in the morning during the week. As someone else said it gets it done and you can enjoy your evening. If you put it off it may not get done. It is rewarding and feels great to have that workout checked off!
    - Use the Modifier if you have to, but push yourself. Try the excercises, push yourself to try and keep up, but if needed utilize the Modifier. If you aren't dripping with sweat at the end of the workout you're not pushing yourself hard enough. You want to break out of your comfort zone to see gains, but not so much that you get so tired or can't keep proper form.
    - I started seeing real results around Week 6, and so did others. I remember numerous people commenting and asking what I was doing. It can take some time to fully see the rewards from the work you put in. It doesn't happen overnight... so stick with it!
    - Diet plays a big role. I was half-a**ing it so to speak during Alpha Phase, but then I got on a program during Beta and it's all coming together.

Best of luck to everyone... I started this program b/c it was the only way my hubby would do it, but I'm really enjoying have my workout done in less than 30 min and I feel like I've had a great workout.