Stomach "twinges"

Options
eatspopcorn
eatspopcorn Posts: 63 Member
So I've been doing low carb for a couple of weeks now. For the last week or so, I've been getting these weird little stomach twinges. I don't really know what else to call it. It's not hunger pangs. Its not pain really, just uncomfortable feeling, and goes away immediately. Just a little twist and then its gone.

I don't know if its related to the diet but that is my first assumption since it just started. I'm not constipated, and its not excessive gas or anything like that.

It doesn't cause me too much discomfort, its just enough that I think about it quite a bit because it hasn't gone away.

Does anyone else experience something like this?

Replies

• crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Does it happen on days when you consume more grams of fat? Does it happen particularly after meals with dairy products? Are you experiencing any gastric distress when using the bathroom? Looser stools? It could be a number of things. I think charting when it happens in your diary could be helpful in determining the cause.
  • healthieramanda
    healthieramanda Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I experience stomach twitches even out of Keto and have done so for the past 10 years or so. I always associate it with being dehydrated, I also take a magnesium supplement that is supposed to help with muscle cramps and inflammation.
  • aleehagen
    aleehagen Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I experience this. Not sure what it is, it's definitely not hunger or upset stomach/gas. I usually experience it in the morning. I kind of thought it was because my stomach was always used to eating on schedule and not by hunger, that I didn't really know what it was like to not constantly have food in my stomach. I remember (before taking control of my eating habits) waking up and still feeling full from the night before... eek!