American Whovians - coming soon to a theater near you!

Options
UmmSqueaky
UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20140514005342/en/BBC-Worldwide-Fathom-Events-Celebrate-David-Tennant#.U3PByIFdV2B

The people who brought us the 50th anniversary in theaters are bringing us 2 nights of David Tennant!

Watching DW has been, at least for me, a solitary experience. I sometimes host a viewing party, but usually it's just me myself and I. I LOVED the 50th anniversary in theater viewing experience, being able to laugh and shout and share the DW love with hundreds of other people. So glad to see they're doing more of it!

Replies

• DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I saw!! I'm not sure I can go, but I may decide to try.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I can't tell where it will be. If its near me and I have the time and money, I am there!
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Tickets go on sale tomorrow, so we'll know where then :)

http://www.fathomevents.com/event/doctor-who-and-wings
  • Zhryla
    Zhryla Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was able to select both theaters near me and only one had it listed, I still couldn't buy tickets yet but at least I know one is going to have it. Can't wait! :)
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Well boo...nothing close to me so far.
  • DoctahJenn
    Options
    omfg, Rockaway is showing it. TOTALLY gonna talk to the hubby about going. I think that's the week after he gets back, so he'll totally owe me a night out.
  • karins4
    karins4 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Tickets go on sale tomorrow, so we'll know where then :)

http://www.fathomevents.com/event/doctor-who-and-wings

If you go to the link above click on the More Info button and it will bring up the details. You can then click on the Theater Locations tab for the list of theaters that will show it...no prices yet.

Here is the direct link for locations
    http://www.fathomevents.com/event/doctor-who-and-wings/more-info/theater-locations

I've been on this site a lot. :happy: They used to show anime movies as part of Fathom Events and one night in Dec they show in some movie theaters the live performance of The Nutcracker performed in NYC. I wanted to go last year but we had a big snow storm that night so maybe this year.

A theater near me is showing this Doctor Who event so I'll have to see if I can go.

Saw this warning on the details page -

Doctor Who Fans: We want you to have fun at these cinema events – but safety is paramount. Please note that attending in costume is fine; however, masks, face-concealing make-up, fake weapons, tools, accessories (like sonic screwdrivers) as well as any costumes that conceal what you are carrying, your natural body shape or face are strictly prohibited.
  • benaddict
    benaddict Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    That sounds cool! And it's coming to a theater in my city! Plus, that's my birthday weekend! :D Thanks for the heads-up!
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I have to wait till it gets closer and then see if I can do it. Work is crazy and going global causes weird hours with my work schedule.
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna bust into the theater like..

tumblr_m3qtyfnaNz1rtmraao1_500.gif
  • RavenhairedWoman
    Options
    Aww man.. It looks like it sold out for June 17th in my area.. I really have too much stuff going on June 16th to go but I can go on June 17th. I will have to do some more investigation into this event.
  • RavenhairedWoman
    Options
    Aww man.. It looks like it sold out for June 17th in my area.. I really have too much stuff going on June 16th to go but I can go on June 17th. I will have to do some more investigation into this event.

Ooohhh.. I get it. Doctor Who is the first night, Wings is the second... I must think on this.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    No love for Canada I guess. :brokenheart:
  • DoctahJenn
    Options

Ooohhh.. I get it. Doctor Who is the first night, Wings is the second... I must think on this.

Oh, is that how it works? Eh. Nevermind, won't be going.
  • Theodora1980
    Options
    They have it at the theatre in my town but I don't want to see wings.....I get really bad motion sickness.
  • karins4
    karins4 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to see how much it costs but the theatre by me that will show this doesn't have the details available yet. I'll have to remember to check again.
  • cheryl3660
    cheryl3660 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Just ordered tickets last night for me and my daughter to go. http://www.fathomevents.com/event/doctor-who-and-wings/more-info/details

Tickets for the Regal in Dublin, CA were $18 and the Cinemark in Union City are $15. You're paying for both nights, so I imagine they will be around the same price elsewhere.

We're excited - can't wait.
  • Smurfette4eva
    Smurfette4eva Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    344utf7.gif

I'm so there!!! It's two in my area! (spins) Now I've got to find a dummy...(coughs) friend girl with wheels...hmm? :wink:
  • ShannieMaire
    Options
    I was at the movies last night and they actually had a preview for it, I was very excited! Now if I can find a babysitter....