Anyone doing a whole 30 right now

Options
joybedford
joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
Hi I am on day 7 of my second whole 30 and so far it is going well. Day 6 I was in a such bad mood had such an argument with my husband and shouted at my kids for not getting ready for school on time. Today I feel bloated and have constipation.
The last time I did my whole 30 I was in a group and we supported each other I wondered if anyone else would like to give and receive support. I will log my experiences here anyway if anyone wants to join me they are welcome.

Replies

• Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • littlecar1
    littlecar1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Sorry for being ignorant, I am very new to trying the whole Paleo thing, but what is a whole 30?
  • shuki_cotren
    shuki_cotren Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I am starting May 19th. I tried to start a week ago but..well..I had PMS and I realized I did not choose a good time to start my first week! haha
  • joybedford
    Options
    Whole 30 is a paleo reset. You follow the plan for 30 days to reset your body from the effects of unhealthy eating, a bit like a detox. It is paleo but in a strict form, so no alcohol, additives, preservatives and concentrating on healthy nutritious food. Sugar is kept to a minimal ie only 2 pieces of fruit per day no juices etc. you eat 3 meals a day try to avoid snacks, no weighing or measuring your body in the 30 days. Also no logging of food just eat within the guidelines and include lots of good fats. It comes from the book "it starts with food" by Melissa and Dallas Hartwig. Their website is very helpful. It is strict but it really helps focus my mind and the last time I did it I had never felt healthier. I am not good at explains things so I hope I covered everything.
    I am logging my food though old habits die hard.
  • joybedford
    Options
    Day 7 completed it's been ok. I have been on nights for the past 2 nights and I don't get enough sleep on nights. There have been times where I have craved something sweet but I have resisted. I have had a few berries twice but stuck to 2 servings a day. I am tired tonight and wasn't really excited about my workout but I did it and it went ok. I think the lower carbs are catching up on me. Hope my run goes better tomorrow.
  • GttnITtgthr
    GttnITtgthr Posts: 35
    Options
    I'm just finishing up day 10. This is my 2nd Whole30.