Introduce Yourself

Options
124»

Replies

• Ziki252
    Ziki252 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi! I gained about 40 lbs in the last year. My father passed away, and I guess I started eating as a way to "deal" with the depression that followed. I never had to worry about much weight gain in the past, but I am 28 now. I was eating at least an entire pie a day. I'm off the pie a day now, and am going to a healthier, low carb, alternative diet, so I can finally fit back into my wardrobe.
  • CanadianCountryGirl1973
    CanadianCountryGirl1973 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    As you can see from the numbers in my name, 40 came around last August! I'm absolutely where I want to be in life, so the 40 wasn't hard at all, but I felt that maybe it wasn't hectic life affecting my health so much as my health having an impact on life (energy, stress, etc.). I don't do diets. I lost 30 pounds easily 5 years ago by walking, making sure I drank water, watching serving sizes, opting for less calories/salt/fat, no food after 7:00 p.m. (bad habit!) and cutting alcohol (oh my goodness there's a lot of calories in a glass of wine!!). Started this again May 5th and immediately lost 10 pounds in the week. I wasn't going nuts about it, but my body will typically shed the first 15 very easy and then makes me work for the next few. I love this way of tracking and find it easy. I will not become obsessed..... no time! I had lobster and a steak for Mother's Day and didn't feel guilty at all, because I could see it as a treat. I'm finding it fascinating to see how many calories are in certain foods. Thinking of getting a Fitbit.... as an educator I'm on my feet all the time, and am curious how many steps I take in a day! Looking to be the weight I was when I met my second husband and before I had my third child 5 years ago..... a good 40 pounds..... and wear my wedding dress (it was a very simple bridesmaid-style dress) on our cruise next February.
  • CanadianCountryGirl1973
    CanadianCountryGirl1973 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
  • praevalere
    praevalere Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi

My name is Josh. Kinda new to MFP. I am 32 y/o, 75" (6'3), and 300lb. I am not unhappy with my weight, but I know that I should lose a few pounds for the sake of my health. After I finished up 8 years in the Army, I got out and started college in 2010 (almost done), and told myself I was going to get fat and happy--and I did. In early Feb I began working out but was sidelined for most of March and April with a knee injury after playing basketball one day. I was using the Fitbit tracker during that time and logging everything, including meals. This time I will not be logging my meals (or wearing my fitbit)--that was a bit too much of a hassle to do every day. The best thing about the Fitbit is the optional scale that can upload the information to a computer, which makes tracking my weight daily a breeze. Essentially I will be eating low-carbs, probably around 20-50 per day for a few weeks and see how the results are.
  • k92648
    k92648 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi

My name is Karen. I turn 50 at the end of next month, quit smoking 3 days ago and figured if I didn't get my nutrition on track, it was all gonna be bad. I had gastric bypass about 9 years ago and initially lost almost 100, but I can feel it creeping back on. I went to my doctor for the smoking cessation and asked to meet with a nutritionist as well (my appointment is at the end of the month). In the meantime, I thought this would be a good place to start. I would like to lose about 35-40 lbs...

I have a cruise coming up in August and the timing of this board and that cruise is perfect. I look forward to getting to know everyone and wish you all success!
  • meaganlosesit
    meaganlosesit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm Meagan and I'm a 26 year old Nursing student. In 2011 I lost 25 pounds on Weight Watchers. I've since gained all the weight back and it's been a roller-coaster ride since trying to stay on track and keep up a healthy lifestyle. I joined this group as a form of motivation to get myself back in the right direction.
  • marilync1266
    marilync1266 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Marilyn and would like to lose 35 lbs. I had successfully lost about 39 lbs over a very long period of time and just in the last 5 months I'm up 10 lbs. My friends say it is because I'm in a new relationship and it is happy weight! lol But the extra weight is not making me happy! I have a hard time at work because there is always food around! I'm looking for support to help me stay on track!
  • KelleP
    KelleP Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am new (again after a year+ break) to MFP. I am exciting to start this challenge. I am going to lose at least 25 pounds at the end of this challenge! Looking forward to motivating others to achieve their goals.
  • Robinmacmillan
    Robinmacmillan Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Robin:

There are so many cute clothes that aren't plus sized, that is another reason I am so ready to lose this fat off my body. I want to be pretty again.

I think I did it back in 2009 and a girl from work was doing it with some of her friends and asked if I wanted to. There was a group of about 10 girls. It was a very close race between my friend from work and I. She ended up winning and I got second place. We all paid $100 to get in, so she won $1000. Money is a real good motivator!!

It sure is. And that's a good idea. Maybe I'll start one at my workplace in conjunction with this. It can't hurt!
  • wesleysmom11
    Options
    Hello!
    I'm Erica. I'm 28. Last year lost almost 50 lbs and got my energy/life back through diet and simple exercise. Took the winter "off" and trying to get back into the swing of things. I entered winter at about 147lbs and I'm at about 152lbs now, so trying to shed those 5 lbs I put back on, plus another 12. Goal weight is 135lbs and a grand total of 60.
    I'm a mom of the best 3 year old little boy on the planet. Married 6 years. I am a corporate recruiter so I work 40 hours a week at a desk/computer -- which kind of drives me nuts. I've been a cheerleader my whole life and for the last 7 years was coaching at the high school level. I am taking this year off to spend time with my family.
    Last year I lost the majority of my weight my doing simple walking/running every night at the park pushing my son. It's been hard for me to get back into it so far this spring... but I'm trying!
  • quietcountrylife
    quietcountrylife Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I just came back to MFP today after a very long hiatus. While I was gone, I actually lost a bit of weight, but I need support and encouragement, and I'm willing to offer the same to others. A 90 day commitment seems like a great place to start and get myself back on track. I realize I'm a day late, and I hope that's ok.

I have a little over 80 pounds to lose, I'm a mom in my late 40's. No friends here at MFP, and I would like to connect. My goal is to take better care of myself and eat in a way that can be long-term (I have a bad habit of doing something drastic, then failing)

Thanks,
    -tenthingsfarm
  • Tinkerbell8209
    Tinkerbell8209 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm fairly new to using an online support community, and excited to be here. Fitness is an important part of living healthy for me, where I struggle most is with consistency in nutrition, routine, and activity level, and my weight swings uncomfortably with those lapses.

I'm always looking for a challenge and am up for almost any. If there are any runners out there using MapMyRun app also, feel free to message/add me. Also would love a group to complete the 100 push up challenge. If interested let me know, here is the link: hundredpushups.com/

Humbly and happily here,

Emily
  • Yukisann
    Yukisann Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Cintia here :D
    I've been (as many of you) in this journey for way too long.
    12 years to be exact. Losing weight, feeling happy about it and then gaining it all back again and more than what I need.
    After going over 200lbs (again, yikes) and set there, just because it feels comfortable, no one looks at me, no one pays attention to me that way and in opposite of the general belief (that all girls wants attention and tell that they are beautiful) i never really cared about that much, I used my weight to hide myself of people, a way to isolate, in a sense.
    But I do want to be healthy.
    And not only for me, for my sister who is 10 and she is started to struggle with her weight as well, helping her to see that she can do this too.
    For my theater fellows, because they deserve to be alongside someone that has the energy to have a blast in the stage.
    And to enjoy life, to be able to stop hiding myself from myself... to bloom like the lotus flower. :D
    Thanks again to whomever put this group together! it is awesome!
    I commit myself to go to the gym everyday and to count my calories even if I am not eating what I am supposed to.
    To make better choices and recognize myself as a being that deserves all happiness and to be seen.
    Thanks for reading! :D
  • NCPhotoMom
    NCPhotoMom Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi all!! I used MFP two years ago and lost 30 pounds. Over the time since, I've gained some, lost some, gained more. I tried other weight loss programs before realizing how unsuccessful I have been and in turn, gained back more than what I lost to begin with. So, I'm back here on MFP to find friends, motivate and be motivated and most importantly, stick to the plan and reach my goal. I just joined the group so I look forward to reading everyone's posts! Happy tracking. :)
  • daniellejd55
    Options
    Hi I'm Judy.

I'm 59 and suffer with osteo arthritis. I lost 30 lbs going to Weight Watchers two years ago, unfortunately I gained it all back. Yikes!!
    Here I am back at MyFitnessPal wanting to lose that 30 lbs. I guess I got discouraged as my osteo worsened unable to exercise like I used to. I ate cause I was feeling down. The night time is my downfall, I have committed to not eating after 8pm. The good thing is that I am still able to walk for short periods with my dog daily, I got her two years ago, she is my motivator.

I started to eat healthy again this past week, I have lost 9 lbs. Its a struggle, so I can use all the support you all are willing to give.

Thanks for listening, have a super day everyone!!
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am Jennifer. I have been on this site for a long time, but I haven't been working at it for the last 3 years or so. I lost 71 pounds about 6 years ago. But I've managed to gain back 55 pounds in the last few years. I have a hard time being consistent. I hope that being a member of this group will help me to be more consistent and focus on my goals. 90 days sounds pretty do-able. One of my goals is to be able to fit in my wedding dress (married November 2 2013). But I want to look better in it then I did on my wedding day. When the pictures came back I was a little disappointed.
  • KathieSmall
    KathieSmall Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kathie. This is my first day Back on MFP after too long. I am trying hard to get back on track and this is Exactly what I'm in need of. I need to loss a good 40# and I can use all the encouragement I can get, plus I'm better at giving encouragement than in keeping myself motivated. :/ Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
  • CoolDad67
    CoolDad67 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm Paul! :glasses:

I'm with y'all for the duration!!

90 days, will be a good start for me.
  • LaurenBG2013
    Options
    Hi I am Lauren, I have set myself a goal of losing 30 pounds by October 12. 17 Months ago I quit smoking! I am very proud that after being a 20 year smoker that I was able to quit cold turkey. But with quitting comes a little weight gain. Unfortunately in my case, it came with a lot of weight gain. It wasn't until I tried my bathing suit on for the first time this season that I realized what all this inactivity and snacking has done to my body. So for the last 2 weeks I have been eating clean and hitting the gym 5-6 days a week. I shouldn't be shocked by this, but I feel amazing for it. Albeit, I am exhausted! I have already seen a change in how my clothes are starting to fit. So I have been taking a picture of myself in the same bikini once a week until I reach my goal. Can't wait to have one of those amazing before and after shots! But sometimes I lack motivation, like at 5 am when it's dark and my bed is warm! So far so good. Does anyone have any suggestions for tasty breakfast smoothies? I have these before my morning runs, but I am getting sick of banana and strawberries!
  • FightingFree
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Lydia - I keep stopping and starting the whole dieting thing and I'm now the heaviest I've ever been - I'm desperate to lose this weight but keep stabbing myself in the back so this challenge seems like a great way to stay on track!